[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSC 2019

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Dude Guyman

Dude Guyman MDL Member

Jun 20, 2017
    I get why the link to an "information" thread, but also understand his "complaint". When you have not been following those threads, and are just looking for an ISO, and get sent to one, it just looks like chain of links to unrelated or loosely related things. I follow most of it and still get lost in those convoluted info link to a link to link to another posts.

2. cibrage

cibrage MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2019
    #6302 cibrage, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Hello, I am on the verge of losing my mind trying to fix my Nvidia drivers.

Since I randomly started to get blue screens and memory failures related to it I decided to wipe my drivers and reinstall them. This brought me back to two years ago when I first installed LTSC and had to deal with the exact same hell of reinstalling drivers about 30 times and sifting through countless fruitless solutions. Every single attempt leads to the same thing - the installer fails due to "incompatibility" or I get the Microsoft Store Control Panel which does not open, even with the store manually enabled. I have tried every single route I could think of:
    • Experience drivers -> store app;
    • DDU -> Nvidia standard driver (newest/older/ancient);
    • DDU -> Windows std. driver -> Nvidia std. driver;
    • DDU -> Windows std. -> manual pnputil driver uninstall -> std. driver;
    • DDU -> Windows std. -> Manual update through devmgr with .inf files (there are enough variants for my card there to go through one by one for at least two weeks);
    • And probably countless more variations, with new/older versions, online/offline, safe/normal mode, with/without Experience.
    I cannot for the life of me remember what I did two years ago to actually fix this as I didn't update my post here. Please, someone give me hope, because I did enjoy the stability of using LTSC. But this process has taken ten years off my life and I am about to drop everything and just move onto a normal Windows installation.

I am on a dual GTX 1060 (notebook) and Intel UHD 630 setup. Windows version 1809.

Edit: This is a hardware problem exclusive to the Lenovo Legion Y530 line. There is no software fix.

3. Dude Guyman

Dude Guyman MDL Member

Jun 20, 2017
    Shot in the dark: Get the standard version (old style not dependent on the store) of the nvidia driver, not the DCH one?

4. cibrage

cibrage MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2019
    That is what I meant by "Nvidia standard driver"

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #6305 Enthousiast, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    When some is just looking for an ISO:
    When the newbe wants to now what the iso contains (would be very helpful to me):
    Same for the checksums...

Linking to existing threads is the way it always has been done on MDL, this way every contribution can get the credits.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dudleyman12

dudleyman12 MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2020
    Does anyone know if Windows 10 LTSC 2019 could be updated to LTSC 2021 through windows update or will it be necessary to do a manual installation?

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The big + of Enterprise 2015/2016 LTSB and 2019 LTSC is and hopefully/most likely will still be, it doesn't get feature updates offered on WU, so it can maintain it's 10 year lifecycle.

Either that or a very simple option to avoid it from being offered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mirchisait

mirchisait MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2021
    #6308 mirchisait, Oct 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021

9. mirchisait

mirchisait MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2021
    Glad you asked this... Have the same question. IoT might though.

Although... Once it's released, one can flash the iso to a thumb drive & use the upgrade option.

I might be wrong, I dunno...

Cheers!!!

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Even server 2022 LTSC, available as full feature update on the UUP system, wasn't offered on previous Server LTSC installs.

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller MDL Spinning Tortoise

Dec 21, 2012
    Of course not, as it requires new license and keys.

Should be the same for Enterprise LTSC 2021/2, but, they might surprise us.

12. mirchisait

mirchisait MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2021
    Oh! I see... Cheers!!!

13. TotalMayhem

TotalMayhem MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2020
    #6313 TotalMayhem, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Have you tried NVCleanstall (von TechPowerUp)? This will strip all the "garbage" from the driver package, just get what you want/need. I never ran into any "compatibility checks" with my 1050 Ti in 1809.

14. cibrage

cibrage MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2019
    Just tried it with various settings, still the same...

15. TotalMayhem

TotalMayhem MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2020
    And you are using the Standard Driver, not DCH?

16. cibrage

cibrage MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2019
    Yes. The DHC drivers install but I cannot open the Control Panel. The Standard drivers always give an incompatibility error.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  18. TotalMayhem

TotalMayhem MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2020
  19. trixster

trixster MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2015
    Just a two cents from experience, but I have an X1 Extreme with a 105ti and Intel graphics. It flat out refused to install the Nvidia drivers from a manual site grab, I had to install the ones provided by Lenovo (which installed both at the same time) - then and only then would the temperamental thing let me upgrade via GE-Experience.

20. TotalMayhem

TotalMayhem MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2020
    The DHC Version will not work, this package requires the NCP "app" from the Windows Store. The standard driver bundle has the "proper version" of the Nvidia Control Panel.