[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pawX, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    well it's been a bit since release zero bugs to report it's been smooth as can be

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RocketSledder77

RocketSledder77 MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2012
    No to all three solutions. I guess I have to do another clean install. :weep:

4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Try repair options first:

In ADMIN Cmd Prompt Type

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

When you use the /CheckHealth argument, the DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is non-repairable, you should discard the image and start again. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth argument to repair the image.
    If image is repairable:

With ISO Media in CD/DVD tray: (The same media you installed image with) Type in ADMIN Cmd Prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:M:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish--M would be drive letter of your CD/DVD tray, remember to change M to your CD/DVD drive letter.

After that in ADMIN CMD Prompt run sfc /scannow
    to is just to make sure all is well.

5. beBoss

beBoss MDL Member

Apr 21, 2011
    #166 beBoss, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I fAcked up my apps with this command:

Code:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    and now they shows boring strings instead of their names and don't open..

and then tried to fix the things in this way

Code:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

and

Code:
    sfc /scannow
    But tells me that everything's fine which is stupid by the way, so what do you suggest me to do now?
    To download esd and to re-upgrade my windows or it has a magic thing that can help me(don't think so).
    Or Is there a way to make windows redownload latest build somehow and to upgrade, don't want to play with dvd's flashdrives etc, but do I have a choice?

6. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #167 lobo11, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    With ISO Media in CD/DVD tray: (The same media you installed image with) Type in ADMIN Cmd Prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:M:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish--M would be drive letter of your CD/DVD tray, remember to change M to your CD/DVD drive letter.

7. beBoss

beBoss MDL Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Well as I said, for now don't want to use dvd/flash may be tomorrow when I have more free time, will reinstall everything if don't fix the things, anyway.
    Another question, does system restore will fix the things, I have to dates that can use to turn back?

8. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Yes, system restore will fix it

9. beBoss

beBoss MDL Member

Apr 21, 2011
    #170 beBoss, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    Okay, will try now and then will text back, thanks for the answers :*

edit: Oh well it's working, really thank you.

10. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Just remember to select a date prior to when you messed up system when you use system restore.

11. ssverige

ssverige MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2011
    #173 ssverige, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    I'm getting an error message each boot since installing Build 11099
    Error in WSClient.dll
    Missing entry: RefreshBannedAppsList

:g:

Edit: WSReset won't do anything for me

Edit 2 : run as admin Command Prompt and type
    schtasks /delete /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\WS\WSRefreshBannedAppsListTask” /F
    :clap:

12. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    #175 TONSCHUH, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    My explorer pretty much crashes and restarts every 2nd time I right-click a file and / or folder and / or desktop-shortcut.

It was ok in the previous build.

I only get the "blabla had to get closed / searching for a solution" - message.

It happens in the File-Explorer, Total-Commander-Ultima-Prime, Desktop etc.pp.

Edit:

Looks like, that I have to contact them.

:confused:

13. ctx3

ctx3 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2015
    #176 ctx3, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    can you see if you can open the event viewer (eventvwr.exe) and maybe the specific issue is in there. if you find it post a screenshot of the crash log. thanks

14. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012

Didn't expect that.

Looks like I have to contact them ...

Thanks for the hint ! I totally forgot about it.

:confused:

15. ctx3

ctx3 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2015
    no problem.

If I were you I would try uninstalling it or reinstalling it in compatibility mode.

16. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    Couldn't get it to work and contacted them via Support-Ticket and TechForum.

:)

17. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012