[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by UltimateGTR, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emparor

emparor MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2012
    Heya,

i have just tested the Newest Build 14251 on my Development Comp and it makes Trouble if you are in need of Ahnlabs Hackshield for your Software after 60 seconds you get kicked out From the Game or Software
    Iam Developer for a Game Client that indeed uses this Hackshield so for me its useless all Builds before never had such Problem :(

2. dk2463

dk2463 MDL Senior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    it seems the people having issues are really tweaking their setups to the nth degree. That may be a generalization but I never need to go in to gpedit so I'm thinking that the people with issues are tweaking their systems to a point that renders the telemetry useless to MS and defeats the purpose of the Insider Program so can understand why MS may not even advertise these issues..you have no business being in there for a regular install.

Can't open START MENU? That's an issue. Can't get your gpedit...7 drill down micro level key to work? I think that's beyond the scope and concern of MS. They are looking for more "real world" types of feedback.

Not saying the issues uncovered aren't of keen interest to this forum, just in terms of calling the build garbage because you can't make this bizarre tweak not any real worl regular users would do, is honestly, inconsequential, at least to MS feedback interest.

Ironically, those of you pouting and complaining about your tiny tweaks not working then going back to a previous build are doing MS a favor which I'm sure probably upsets some....

3. NADight

NADight MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2015
    Yes. 64 bit version not working. Had to disable Malwarebytes Anti-exploit.

4. Ducati

Ducati MDL Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Can someone see if you can open this pathway in Windows 10: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Desktop Background: You can just copy past it on explorer.

I noticed I can longer get into the Desktop Background page like I used to, when I click on Desktop Background it now redirects me to the Personalization Page.

5. jaladhjin

jaladhjin MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    #165 jaladhjin, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016

seriously ? directly above your exact post..

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    is that really u in that avatar.....i have to say what a great pose;)

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #167 lobo11, Jan 29, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    ive not had any issues at all tweaking my os ive used and tried all the issues they are having and i can't see a issue it lets me tweak and optimize so they have messed up something once again it's user error

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. darkhell666

darkhell666 MDL Member

May 17, 2012
    Well, i don't think that this is an user error necessarily, however it's possible, in my case the only tweak that i do is to activate two policies on device install restrictions section, and only do while i'm reinstalling Nvidia drivers, then set again to defaults, maybe there is other thing triggering the problem, to be clear my install is just upgrade over upgrade since 10586, so maybe the problem is a 3rd party app installed, maybe drivers like Nvidia or Realtek ones, AV software like Nod32; to me this is not impossible, just a little example:

With every new insider preview, windows update get stuck while preparing the update installation, in these cases i must restart and try again, but what triggers the update preparation problem?, well, both, Geforce experience and nod32, so what i must do before WU begin the preparation process?, easy, disable AV protection and unload GFE.

Said that, i think that a software conflict or some registry entry created by a 3rd party program could be triggering this problem.

10. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Well that is a commonly used feature, so there's nothing wrong with using it. That error message is coming from the IE scripting engine though (since the "extended" view contains HTML) and so has nothing to do with group policy anyway. That error dialog in particular has been there since IE 4.0. Who knows, they may just be in the process of throwing out that ancient codebase.

I don't know. Anyone unable to grasp the concept of a prerelease build will probably also fail to see the error in their ways.

11. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
  12. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    I don't understand I am not having any problems with this build at all.
    The only thing I noticed is the new Nvidia driver will not install. No biggy though.

13. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    No issues at all with GFE on 2 different rigs.

Maybe hardware and / or driver-issues.

I have heaps of software installed and virtually no prob's at all.

:)

14. darkhell666

darkhell666 MDL Member

May 17, 2012
    Curious, in my case the problems are the these script errors, Nvidia driver 361.75 install completes without problems.

However, at least on my rig, the last three IP's 11099, 11102 and the current generate stability problems on nvidia drivers when i use firefox (tested with v44.0), driver crash and recover randomly while FF is open

GFE alone doesn't trigger the prblem, however, in my case, while i have nod32 installed, every insider upgrade require both apps to be disabled, if i disable nod32 alone the problem happens, if i don't have nod32 installed GFE doesn't trigger this, i don´t know how these two apps interact that generate this scenary.

15. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    I've corrected the link in the previous post. Just copy and paste into Edge browser:
    Windows-Feedback:?contextid=156&feedbackid=9a9f3867-6e6d-439d-a5ed-d8006d050268&form=1&src=2

16. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    That's a really a bit strange, but I don't use NOD32 and FF anymore, so they might be the culprits.

:)

17. Bluescreen

Bluescreen MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #178 Bluescreen, Jan 29, 2016
    Hi,

Can someone direct me to download the French "install.ESD" ?

When build 14251 came on my PC (I was with 11102) fast ring, the installation failed and rollback to previous version.

Before first reboot I have grabbed install.esd from source folder. So I made an iso file , witch I use to try upgrading from 11102 to 14251... But after upgrade process , I got same issue, upgrade failed without any message. So I think there is something wrong with the installation file. I reset my W10 keeping nothing.

Since my w10 is back to 11102, WU does not offer anymore to upgrade to 14251.

This is the first time I have such issue. I use the same machine and HDD since october 2014... fast ring.
    Thanks for any help :)

Edit: A clean install with 14251 start well but when show "installing updates" the program stop with error " Setup cannot continue due to a corrupt file"..

18. Rintalahri

Rintalahri MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    I have problems whit my dell presicion.. cant watch movies, computer no response anything... My home computer works
    and no problems. I have try clean install and update, but same stuck problem.. I have try vlc and bsplayer..

19. woniu

woniu MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I thought my GPU is dying..