[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pawX, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rintalahri

Rintalahri MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    Two last build i have been problem with my second hard drive. Windows is stuck and not find my hard drive..
    Somethimes it works but somethimes dont.. I cant install windows when my caddy hdd drive is in my laptop??
    what it problem?? anybody knows?? Everything is fine when i take it off...

2. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    why bother with a torrent we have direct googledrive links up on first page and second

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    i avoid all this by installing without WU as it's part of my install script for gaming

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RGadelha

RGadelha MDL Expert

Feb 14, 2010
    #64 RGadelha, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Same to me :mad:

The same kb successfully installed five times!

update loop.png

5. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Use the decrypter from post #5. All working here, not a single issue.
    I hope you know how to use that stupid VM. Remember you need to install vmtools.

I do a clean installation with EVERY SINGLE new build, never had an issue.

Again, its in your end.

6. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    That's an update problem, known problem, not OS 14257 specific ...

7. bjf2000

bjf2000 MDL Expert

Apr 11, 2008
    That's a lot of drives. I know you're selecting the boot drive manually, but somehow it's still confused. How about downing the system, disconnecting the HDs, and then trying the upgrade to see if the equation changes?

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Guess I'll have to try downloading the esd again. Should probably slap Myself upside the head for Not verifying the hash before I deleted it. :death:

9. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    hi

I have download via fast channel very good facility that now accepts the codecs.

wiki ;)

10. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    #70 WaltC, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Yes...you know I read out on the Feedback pages that someone did exactly that and it solved the problem...Have been too lazy to do that but I'll probably give it a shot now that you mention it...;) Thanks for the suggestion...it will likely work--I hope...! Ah, the sublime joys of beta testing...;)

I was surprised that Microsoft didn't mention this as a known problem...I read several other reports in Feedback of people getting the same errors I did...especially the one guy who said he disconnected all but his boot drive and then the build installed without a problem...Thanks again for the nudge...! I'll come back and let you know how it went...

What's weird is that OK, say there's a bug in the install routine and it cannot find the install drive...fine, but then if that's the case, why is it able to restore 11099 perfectly from the same drive...?...;)

EDIT: I'm back after testing with only the SSD connected in the system...no go, I'm afraid. I'm not really unhappy because I expected as much, but you never know...so I gave it a spin...Have to wait on Microsoft to solve this one. Same exact error as above...it has to have something to do with trying to boot the install with the IDE driver instead of the AHCI driver, imo.

11. bjf2000

bjf2000 MDL Expert

Apr 11, 2008
    Who knows, that action may work by some slightly different mechanism.

Instead of disconnecting the drives, maybe you could just disable SATA3-6 in the BIOS.

BTW, this shouldn't matter, but is the SSD on SATA1?

12. dgwin7

dgwin7 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Thanks for tips, It's fixed !:D

13. dgwin7

dgwin7 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Anyone done clean installed Windows 14257 yet ?

I have both ESD tool and ESD 14257 files and I am trying to get this ESD to ISO, Anybody know how to this step by step ?

Thanks.

14. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Put ESD file in decrypter folder, right click on cmd file, run as administrator. Choose option, and wait.

15. dgwin7

dgwin7 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Okay now I see two decrypt, decrypt.cmd and decrypt-winre.cmd, which one to run cmd ?

16. RGadelha

RGadelha MDL Expert

Feb 14, 2010
    decrypt.cmd will do.

17. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Tried twice more using the two different Pro esds Warlock uploaded and even though I didn't have any problems getting the drivers, I still can't get the store to connect :confused: and again the Reset Fails :eek: It's TV watching time so I'll try tomorrow morning on a different PC to see if it's hardware related ? or just a problem with VMware. Then I'll spend the rest of the Day trashing the OS copies by filling them with Malware :D Got to admit though that these were the fastest Windows installs I've done.

18. gururoop

gururoop MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Because I have a pathetic internet connection and huge files, even downloaded using download managers, sometimes fail hash check. Using torrent/magnets, they are downloaded perfectly and even corrupt downloads can be repaired.

19. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    Hows the networking speeds in this build? 14251 my dl/ul speeds dropped in half.