[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pawX, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Guess I'll give this a go and do a dirty upgrade after I convert the ESD file to ISO. Seems most have positive comments and I'm desperate to fix a problem on my 10586.71 build. I try to install apps or use apps as Administrator and they dont truly get elevated for some reason. Hoping this new build fixes it!

2. armond

armond MDL Addicted

Jun 16, 2008
    Hey... Graphics card in Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media? Look...:) Hope it's showing correctly!
    EjectNVIDIA.jpg

3. lopoto

lopoto MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2015
    update to new driver from nvidia !;)

4. armond

armond MDL Addicted

Jun 16, 2008
    #104 armond, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Did... Driver Version 10.18.13.6175.
    I know there's also a new hotfix from NVIDIA. Will try that later...
    Believe me, was very funny.:)
    Edit: I do not see this after installing GeForce Hotfix driver 361.82. So, it may not completely related to Windows 10 build 14257.
    Have fun testing...

5. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    My upgrade from the ISO went perfectly smooth on Dell e6400 laptop. Upgraded from build 10586.71 and Chrome along with Waterfox work fine. Also have not seen any network slowness a reported a page or so back.

Also, this build is definitely faster. Not sure boot time is better but I can tell a difference in the responsiveness and when I launch an app. Now if I could only get rid of that blasted Cortana without borking the entire system :rolleyes:

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The bug looping Update Microsoft C++ 2012 Update 4, still didn't go away till now. Anyway in the moment it didn't bothers me, and if that will start, I'll uninstall That C++ version and re-install, which may works. Just don't need to do immediately!

Otherwise this build is working very well!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    no issues with chrome i run the beta lol get good son

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    not true it does show you need tom use ue4 to see the build numbers or open up the main dx12 file and check the full build number

9. loukas.bizarro

loukas.bizarro MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2016
    #111 loukas.bizarro, Feb 6, 2016
    Hello there. I want to install Windows 10 Insider in a virtual machine. I have a microsoft email registered to the insider program but i've lost the original insider iso. In the second message's link (posted by WardocsRevenge) there are several esd files and an esd decryption software. I understand that I need the software to convert the esd to an iso? Fine by that. But, there are several esd files as I mentionted before, which one do I need to download?

ps: sorry for my english, I am not a native english speaker.

10. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    The one that you want, it will tell you the region (en-US for USA for example) x86 or x64 for 32 or 64 bit, Pro for Professional, Core for Home, Ent for Enterprise

The decryption program converts ESD to ISO

11. loukas.bizarro

Feb 6, 2016
    #113 loukas.bizarro, Feb 6, 2016
    I see, all files are en_us and x64, I must be really blind since I didn't notice the core/pro/enterprise difference between them. I assume that I will download the enterprise edition since contains the more features than the other ones. Thank you.

12. RGadelha

RGadelha MDL Expert

Feb 14, 2010
    Yeah! Happy New Year of the Monkey, starting in one day and ten hours ± :D

13. loukas.bizarro

Feb 6, 2016
    New problem. I clean installed Windows 10 Pro (not Enterprice as I mentioned before) and it asked for a key during the installation. I did not put any key and now says that Windows 10 is not activated. I went to Settings --> Windows Update --> Advanced Options --> Get Insider Preview Builds and I entered my Microsoft Account which is registered to the Insider Program, but Windows is still not activated. Should I be worried? The first time (before July 2015) when the original insider iso was circulated, I installed it and I don't remember typing any kind of key, but it was activated successfuly. Any ideas?

14. ankie

ankie MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2011
    It can take some time to be activated. Just wate a day or two

15. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    wait 48 hours or kms activate it

16. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    I'll agree with the give it some time as above. But by any chance are You using VMware Workstation ?? I've been having some problems that lead Me to believe that the OS detects it's running in a VM and doesn't like that. First there was a unable to find display driver problem that corrected itself. The Store was unable to connect to the Internet and that somehow repaired itself also. If it was done by updates I don't have a clue since on two different host Pcs, I'm unable to see installed updates. :eek: None of those problems running on a HDD on the same PCs

17. loukas.bizarro

Feb 6, 2016
    #120 loukas.bizarro, Feb 6, 2016
    You are correct, I installed Windows 10 Pro Insider in Vmware. I also installed the vmware drivers inside the guest OS (Windows 10) so I don't have any problems with the hardware. Windows 10 (guest OS) can access the Internet (like I can open a browser and surf or ping external IPs).