[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by next, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    It is an process of trial and error depending on feedback of the users to get the bugs out of the way ! it will not be better untill it reaches it's final stage ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    Well changing code to fix one thing may and normally does effect other code.
    So stop bitching use the program and report the problem or go back to Windows 7 / 8 /8.1 and let us use it in peace.
    Thank you

3. germanhess

germanhess MDL Member

May 26, 2012
    Perhaps Gabriel Aul needs more qualified assistants of this forum ;)

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The simple fact is, a normal user of software (and OS'es) will not have the same 'feeling' etc. that a programmer of that specific apps/OS has! A programmer will think fully differently than a user, with much more knowledge of that specific apps/OS than a user ever could have!

Also, a programmer has to think in a much wider range than a user! The user 'just' will think about what his need are because of that 'small' range of Hardware and 3.party apps he'll use that system for while a programmer has to think about the whole range of available Hardware and 3.party apps which may would be used with his product!

That's everything but a simple development! And that's why a company like MS really needs a serious Beta Testing Program, with serious Beta Testers, but those who has nothing else in their mind as to bashing everything down on which they get's their hands on! And still the same users are those who 'loudly' yelling all times about to get more and more for free, just not giving anything back, except bad comments!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice MDL Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Pretty sure we're not their only "beta testers", lol. The Insider Program is just an aid to their own QA team.

6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    And the week before they had a build for PC and not phone.

I have both, seems they are on the right speed getting things done.

7. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    The Builds are for both Mobile and PC. It depends on pass/fail in internal testing as to if one or the other or both get released at same time.

8. Harry t

Harry t MDL Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Just to clarify since this was brought up after I posted. I thought this was an isolated issue with my device. I search in the insider Hub and there was nothing so I asked here for any tips. I didn't know it was a global issue. Also, doing quick Google search pointed me to some article about missing notifications which lead me to believe that this issue was with my system. I've been an insider since October ' 14 and have provided my feedback whenever I can.

9. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    I'm pretty sure that MS employees keep track of the major forums. Some probably get paid to do it.

10. GTK48

GTK48 MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Their real Beta testers get paid. We are the lab rats.

11. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

It's a large company with a product with an enormous user base, and hence an enormous beta tester base.

Thinking that not participating to the beta program may be a problem is simply stupid.

It's like saying that Bill Gates becomes poor because someone use a pirated Windows or Office.

12. Prosto

Prosto MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2015
    build 14328 coming soon... ;) waiting

13. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Of course they have beta programs besides the Insider program, but external testers aren't going to get paid either. However, they may be allowed to run prereleases even in production environments with full support provided by Microsoft.

Anyway, broader and easier participation such as the Insider program is a good thing for the software development process (as long as people understand what their role is). I remember a time when you'd wait for betas to be shipped by mail (if you got into the program at all) and feedback was provided through newsgroups... :rolleyes:

No, because you get to choose; lab rats don't. Don't complain to others about the choices you make for yourself.

14. GTK48

GTK48 MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Not complaining just staring facts The Russians get builds faster that the Insider Fast Ring. Come July I am jumping off the TP train.:worthy:

15. GTK48

GTK48 MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2009
    I did not say it was a Problem to MS, it is a problem to me. Particularly when nothing but lies come out of Redmond.

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Maybe wasn't clear but I'm mostly agreeing with you.

I would feel ashamed "parasitizing" the beta program of a small company but not about MS/Windows.

They likely have millions of reporters (not counting the telemetry) on hundered more or less will change nothing.

No matter if one likes MS or not.

17. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I would like to know why I have a Premium Version of Microsoft Solitaire Collection until 20 April. I am not complaining, but I thought it very strange.

18. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    :confused: your comprehension needs work,i wasn't bitching.

19. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    2 things
    1st Gabe wants to get back to releasing same Build Number for both Mobile and PC at same time.

2nd Has 14328 made it all the way thru Internal Testing yet ?

20. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    it isn't even listed on BuildFeed yet