[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16199 (PC)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, May 17, 2017.

1. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    When did you start experiencing the issue? Have you run sfc /scannow command as administrator?

2. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    ONLY if they are able to fix the Blocking Bug first
    This is not a guess from Neowin, this is from Dona

4. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Oh, I know...it's just that Neowin lacks a good prediction record and often pretends to know things it doesn't. I'm sure that if at all possible they'll get one out before the weekend.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. khon

khon MDL Member

Nov 18, 2008
    After a clean install and after moving some tiles I started experiencing this problem. Now the only tile unaffected is Paint 3D and some Games not yet installed. When I restart windows for the first minute I can right click then the problem is back.
    Sfc says its all ok. I also tried troubleshoot and a store reset. :/
    Another thing I'm noticing just now is that Facebook tile starts the Store that say the program is installed and when I launch it it's freezed and it's one of the tiles I can right click. Other tiles are the one that are not yet installed as Sling for example.

6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    First and foremost, try this command in PowerShell as administrator:
    Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }

If you have installed all the necessary drivers like the Chipset and Graphics drivers then, perhaps, there is something with the ISO you used. I would suggest you try another ISO to do your clean install.

7. khon

khon MDL Member

Nov 18, 2008
    #109 khon, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    I already tried the Powershell command with no success. I used an iso from wzt uup 16199 of course. I think I'll wait the next build :/

8. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
  9. kosta20071

kosta20071 MDL Addicted

Jan 8, 2012
    Those who have issues with start menu pinned apps/tiles/adding/changing which folders appear on Start and resetting to X position after restart , what you have to do is:
    1. Create new user (Local Account) , one time I had success logging to my local account I used, before I logged in to MS account.

2. See if the tiles on Start are not Arrows , if you see arrows go to Store and let it finish download the apps

3. now you can connect back to your MS Account.

10. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I'll wait for a new build too, start menu problems, powershell problems ... downloaded 3 different sources, still the same problems for me ??? drivers issues possible, but they are the same since 15058 build ..

11. khon

khon MDL Member

Nov 18, 2008
    The first five clicks are free :D Just to laugh a little bit ;)

I realized that when I restart windows I can right click any tiles for a total of five click then the problem is back.

12. khon

khon MDL Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Another problem is that if Windows goes to sleep when I try to wake up it abruptly shuts down.

13. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    when PS does not work go back to command prompt

14. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    So MSMG toolkit or any .bat based programs refuse to accept keyboard input since past few builds.

Bug or by design?

15. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Insider issue call input errors. not MSMG but MS.
    Thanks to another here is what worked for me
    Code:
     Open a command or powershell window as administrator, paste, and run this:

Reg.exe add "HKCU\Console" /v "ForceV2" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

If you do not like this issue fixed, you can revert to the default, broken command window by running this:

Reg.exe add "HKCU\Console" /v "ForceV2" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

16. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    Thanks I fixed by Right clicking on title bar of the cmd window -> Properties -> Options Tab -> At the bottom, select "Use Legacy Console" option.