[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215 (PC)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, Jun 8, 2017.

1. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    No problems...build installed fine the first time, games that were not working are now working for the most part. Smooth WU upgrade on top of 16199.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    @Atari800XL

Code:
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-WOW64-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-RegulatedPackages-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-RegulatedPackages-WOW64-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Holographic-Desktop-Merged-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Holographic-Desktop-Merged-WOW64-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Holographic-Desktop-Analog-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-EditionPack-Professional-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-EditionPack-Professional-WOW64-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-EditionSpecific-Professional-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-ContactSupport-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-QuickAssist-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Optional-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-OneCore-ApplicationModel-Sync-Desktop-FOD-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="AMD64_Microsoft.ModernApps.Client.All" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="AMD64_Microsoft.ModernApps.Client.professional" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package_nl-nl" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-nl-nl-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Handwriting-nl-nl-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-TextToSpeech-nl-nl-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="amd64_Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-OCR-nl-nl-Package" PackageType="FeaturePackage" />
            <Package ID="Professional_nl-nl_esd" PackageType="MetadataESD" />

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Check my previous post :)

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    We haven't seen any full esd files in quite a while now. These are the UUP canonical edition specific esd files.

6. jasongenova

jasongenova MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Damn. First time dealing with these UUPS. I downloaded the 4.5GB from Wzor. After downloading it, I got the UUP Converter by abbodi but when I try to run it, I'm getting an error on the end. Any straightforward tutorial?

7. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    There is a Read-Me Txt File inside on how to use.

8. jasongenova

Jan 23, 2016
    Yeah. UUPs are very foreign to me at the moment.

Anyways, I guess I figured it out.

I extracted the amd64fre_Client_en-us_lp.cab file + the other 3 zips inside the UUP folder and ran the script as admin. It's now doing a lot of DIR - > ESD. I guess it's working?

9. jasongenova

Jan 23, 2016
    Code:
    ============================================================
    Checking UUP Info...

Preparing Reference ESDs . . .

Creating Setup Media Layout . . .

Creating boot.wim . . .

Using LZX compression with 8 threads
    Archiving file data: 896 MiB of 896 MiB (100%) done
    "ISOFOLDER\sources\boot.wim" original size: 368556 KiB
    Using LZX compression with 8 threads
    Archiving file data: 968 MiB of 968 MiB (100%) done
    "ISOFOLDER\sources\boot.wim" optimized size: 363774 KiB
    Space saved: 4782 KiB

Creating install.wim . . .

[ERROR] "\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_4.18.56.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\AppTiles\Weather_LogoSmall.targetsize-32_altform-unplated.png": blob not found
            SHA-1 message digest of missing blob:
            464cbc6c94f924de2ddf38eade3ef7f459135ed7
    ERROR: If this is a delta WIM, use the --ref argument to specify the WIM(s) on which it is based.
    ERROR: Exiting with error code 55:
           A file resource needed to complete the operation was missing from the WIM.

Errors were reported during export.

Press any key to exit.

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    For en-US iso's you have to extract both, main and en-us in one (UUPs) folder and run the script.

11. darkhell666

darkhell666 MDL Member

May 17, 2012
    Unable to boot in safe mode with this build, GSOD after a few secs, screen info points to mssecflt.sys ; first time that i see this problem.

12. jasongenova

Jan 23, 2016
    Damn. That means another 3GB+ download?

13. grumpee

grumpee MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    215 is pure bloatware adds almost 4gig to 199 and to win1-332
    all same apps no leftover instsall files etc etc
    pure crap

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Where does it add 4GB and to what?

15. grumpee

grumpee MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    full install upgrade and clean

16. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    #97 Gharlane00, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Took a very, very long time for the update from previous build to complete. Seems to have broken openVPN. "Failed to start OpenVPNServiceInteractive." pop up.
    Trying to manually start the service gives: "The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."
    Trying to connect anyway gives: "Error in add_block_dns_filters(): add_sublayer: failed to add persistent sublayer : Access is denied. [status=0x5]"

Reinstalling OpenVPN did not help.

Well the work-around is to run OpenVpn as Administrator which the openvpninteractiveservice is supposed to prevent you from having to do. Something broken.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    My x64 en-US install uses 13.2GB, upgrade from 16199.

18. lopoto

lopoto MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2015
    am stack in 32% isntall , :confused:

19. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I tried to install this build 4 times on my desktop without success. Each time after the second reboot, I got to the Windows logo and the little round dots going around in a circle. After a few seconds the dots stopped moved and then nothing happened. I let it sit for 20 minutes or so but it stayed frozen. I rebooted twice and eventually went back to the previous version.

Then tried it on my Lenovo laptop. Same problem at the same point in the process.

So I gave up.