[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18941.1001 (PC) [FAST & SKIP - rs_prerelease]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, Jul 18, 2019.

1. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    No new build today :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. oilernut

oilernut MDL Senior Member

Jul 8, 2007
    ok? Thanks for letting us know?

3. Micro

Micro MDL Member

Apr 26, 2009
    You would think that with all the changelogs labeling 20H1 as version 2003, that sooner or later MS would remember to change it in the info the OS displays.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    OP UUP dump link D\L thats the manual install...use aria2 to convert the dump to the image mount it and install it.

5. juancito1968

juancito1968 MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Is it the error ¨The installation failed in the Safe_os phase with an error during boot operation¨? To me clean installation is a headache coz I created multiple partition, tweaked the registry, separated Programs partitions from C:, moved all the possible software user profile on the Data partition and the temporary file on a fourth partition and instructed Windows and all installed software in order to work this way. Furthermore I used OfficeRTool to install Office 2019 on the Program partition in order to have C: as much clean as possible.
    I tried to give more space to C: but even so it the installation rolled back.
    If you refer to this error, is the only way to way for an MS fix by now?
    If not, what else can I do?
    Except for Data partition that is on a HDD the remaining partitions (even C.) are on a SDD on a gamer laptop not used for gaming but for its performance, Chinese brand (BBen) built with Intel Core i7 and Nvidia components.
    As I always do when I ask for help over here I thank you all in advance coz I forget do do then.
    All the best,.

6. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    I install manually but I upgraded no clean install that works with me no issue.

7. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    Starting with this build, Windows Defender changes its name to Microsoft Defender Antivirus. :)

2019-07-20 001.png

8. dinobud

dinobud MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2013
    This did not work for me. I still rolled back. Any suggestions?

9. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    nor today. :rofl:

10. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    #30 WindowsGeek, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Testing something here at this moment at connected via cable WIFI is turn off I have web connection but show nothing in my Windows LAN settings. I could see the connected in the router.

upload_2019-7-20_18-52-25.png

11. dexter94

dexter94 MDL Junior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I have tried all things and nothing, switching drivers install from WU install from ISO and nothing. so I think we must wait for a fix, the only error with more info was from a manual install and says it is some error from safe-os partition, but I do not know how it works secure boot and not have time to mess with it...

12. DaDon

DaDon MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    I am glad this build was released, that lag bug was really irratating...
    I can say no more lag in this build and no other issues ( yet ) :)

13. juancito1968

Feb 5, 2013
    Don´t worry, I´ve cheked my BIOS setting before to asking for help: Secure Boot is enabled; nonetheless even manual install from a decompressed ISO (the only one I can do) fails.
    Im stuck at 18932 waiting for a new build with the bug fixed (I realize these are developer previews for testing only, but HOW can a people test these without installing them? This is the main question. I´ve not paranormal powers so without an installation I couldn.t test an OS).
    All the best.

14. juancito1968

Feb 5, 2013
    Which release are you talking about? The last two ones (18941 and 18936) are buggied with ¨The installation failed in the Safe_os phase with an error during boot operation¨, and my BIOS setting has Secure Boot enabled, but its useless.
    These two releases can´t be installed by far, not by known procedures.
    I asked if there´s a different procedure to follow, a part for waiting a MS fix coming with a new release but no one replied, so IMHO, I repeat, these two releases are useless, coz no one can´t install ´em.
    And I´ve not a 2 pennies laptop, fyi, so it´s not a hardware problem.
    Best regards.

15. Micro

Micro MDL Member

Apr 26, 2009
    FWIW, I've had no problems installing or with lag in any of the past builds and I have 3 different storage controllers and 3 different storage controller drivers installed.(Intel, LSI/Avago, Samsung NVMe)
    What ever the problem is might seem to be model/series controller specific?
    I do not use secure boot either.

16. juancito1968

Feb 5, 2013
    Till Build 18932 I`ve had no problems either (it's the one I'm using right now) but since that one I've been unable to find a way to install the builds 18936 and 18941; I tried almost everything but a clean installation that I can´t allow to myself coz I don't want spend days for tweaking the entire OS the way I like and use it, and as fas as today I don't know I backing up a registry from a build to reinstate it on another build will put back all the settings I did before.
    I'm an hard tweaker of Windows 10 coz I dislike the principle of MicroSoft about an Universal OS embracing the Apple philosophy applied to Windows (one OS for a PC, one for a laptop, different if it has a touchscreen, another one for tablets, for mobiles Windows is dead, coz of their hardness).
    Anyway, except for a clean installation I took the ISO, took the 7-Zip, decompressed it, executed the setup.exe and....what a surprise...it rolled back multiple times, lefting over GB of useless temporary files on C:.
    Can´t install from USB flash memory or DVD coz upgrading isn't allowed, just clean install, unsuitable to my needs.
    Checked the BIOS but I can't completely modify it (i.e.: Dual Boot or Legacy Boot) otherwise Windows 10 will not boot at all, returning me an error on the BIOS screen.
    So. I´m stuck.
    I checked everything I know (I may try to update the BIOS, even if it's not very known BIOS brand, checking on the vendor site, my last step), but I classify last two builds as bugged, till someone shows me how to install them bypassing the error which rolls back the installation.
    I´m not a developer, not a compiler, not a magician: I don't know at all the Windows 10 source code so I can't even ask compilers or developers to decompile it in order to find and solve the bug.
    Have you been successful in installing one of the last two builds?
    Lucky you.
    Over here I´m not alone, and am not the one waiting for a brand new build no more bugged.
    Best regards.

17. DaDon

DaDon MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    For me, this has been a wonderful build, as mentioned I've had no problems - i've installed manually using the ISO and installed was quick painless...

18. DaDon

DaDon MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    Build 18936 I had installed as my daily driver like I normally do with any Insider Preview on both my laptop & my desktop, laptop had no issues with lag, HOWEVER, my desktop had severe lag, games would like with 10-15 fps, general laggynesss all round - watching my curvor move across the screen took like 3 seconds... ( maybe exerating, but sill laggy as hell )

19. Micro

Micro MDL Member

Apr 26, 2009
    The last clean install I did was quite a while ago, at least 10 builds back or more.
    All since new builds since then have been through Windows Update and none required any thing more than the standard single reboot.
    I just check for updates on Wed. and Thurs., it finds the build, downloads, installs and asks for a reboot, I reboot and then it is up and running.
    Never have I had a hint of a problem installing.
    I run Windows Pro for Workstations, but that should not matter as it is just slightly tweaked from Windows Pro.
    The only real bugs I've had (since the Workstation version became available) have been with mp4 files and those were corrected several builds ago.
    (Prior to that I used Server 2016 & 2019 adapted for desktop/workstation usage)
    My workstation is 64gb 36 cores/72threads 3 Storage controllers w/drivers (Intel, LSI/Avago, Samsung NVMe) 2 NVMe drives (1 boot), 6 SSD on the LSI controller, 8 spinners and 1 optical on the Intel controllers.
    I've used AMD, Nvidia and am currently using the onboard Aspeed video.
    So it's not a simple machine, yet I've not had problems.
    Wish I could help, but can't.

20. ParadoxalDream

ParadoxalDream MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2016
    FINALLY!!!

This update hasn't f**ked up my Radeon drivers and settings!!

I was so fed up with reinstalling them after each major updates...