[DISCUSSION] Windows 11 Enterprise/IoT Enterprise (N) LTSC 2024 (24H2 / 26100.x)

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    IoT Enterprise 2024 LTSC doesn't check for it, it doesn't require it,

People tend to overcomplicate everything these days,

I am not a gamer, my last game was playing solitary.

2. ЯƎHTͶAꟼ

ЯƎHTͶAꟼ MDL Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Yep, its heavy.
    Recall not even mentioned....

Its one of the reasons why a lot of games, even now with latest wine, kernel and driver, do not running on Linux System or causing a lot of problems.
    Linux Kernel by design does not support these huge backdoors in anyway, that Microsoft put in the system step by step.
    That is why I hype tools and scripts they made it possible to play them on Windows without losing control about your data.

But with TPM its different now. I only heard rumors someone made (Vanguard updated) League run with some special Win10 edition, probably its already "fixed" (denied) now sadly by Patches...

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    ?

Stop mentioning linux in every reply/line, this thread is specifically for (IoT) Enterprise 2024 LTSC.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No, normal Enterprise 2024 LTSC requires the TPM v 2.0 and such, or needs the fixes to bypass the checks.

Recall is a device specific feature and for the moment put on halt.

5. ЯƎHTͶAꟼ

ЯƎHTͶAꟼ MDL Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Its complicated because Microsoft invented it.
    I have no intention to use these... features.

Not only while playing. Whole work on the system will be streamed,at least Microsoft is planing it.
    But to mentioning it, seems is not allowed here.... whatever, good night.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Mainly some specific kind of users, i.e. gamers tend to overcomplicate all.

Complot theories included...

7. Paul Mercer

Paul Mercer MDL Expert

Apr 6, 2018
    #1008 Paul Mercer, Jun 26, 2024 at 03:11
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2024 at 05:05
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Jingzin

Jingzin MDL Addicted

Nov 10, 2021
    It was the same with OfficeRTool Mbam reported is as infected reported it to malwarebytes they tested it then corrected Mbam and didn't report OfficeRTool as infected anymore.
    This one I wouldn't use it as person from malwarevytes said. Give them time they few hours they will look at the code and definitely tell you if it's false positive or not.

9. ЯƎHTͶAꟼ

ЯƎHTͶAꟼ MDL Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Yea,. it still could have some serious malicious of course, so having different opinion is always good.

However I would not trust people who just link VirusTotal and say "meh". A closer look: Half of it: Undetected. Some RiskTool/HackTool. Most of the other half "Malware" without a further explanation what and why exactly.
    In older times (Windows XP) I was used to use Kaspersky, and read a lot about their newer technologies like heuristic methods. If some program/script does some "suspicious" actions, triggers it some inspection-routines, to detect yet-unknown malicious.
    There also I come across with sand-boxing and how legit and non-legit (piracy) patches actual working. So more deeper the changes, and lesser trusted/known (no signature etc) so higher the chance an AV will triggered, mark it as "trojan.generic".
    So some of it can be isolated if not trusted (in times with cryptocurrencies indeed a lot of stuff was infected), other are just a "preferences"-decision. Same as with unstable/untested: "no risk no fun".

I would like to extend my opinion about AVs systems in 2024, but that would in fact goes OT.
    So I end here. I just recommend people general keeping critical and do not eat everything companies making you want to think. They have different things in mind than peoples well-being.

10. ЯƎHTͶAꟼ

ЯƎHTͶAꟼ MDL Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Small addition: I mean... the scripts actual main job is to actually remove Windows Defender, an AV. Of course that is a red flag for AV-Systems to detect it as malicious. Already a pretty logical thing, just came in my mind right now...

11. Jingzin

Jingzin MDL Addicted

Nov 10, 2021
    Thing is that people like the ones at malwarebytes by looking at the code do know what that script is actually doing if there are red flags. OfficeRTool activates office product and when I gave them the OfficeRTool script they said after looking at it it's 100 percent safe. About this one they say they wouldn't use it.

12. ЯƎHTͶAꟼ

ЯƎHTͶAꟼ MDL Member

Jan 29, 2017
    After all you mostly can open the scripts and look for your own. But having schooled people they actually have routine in doing, much faster and focused. I agree with you, its definitively helping.
    The one who said he would not use it, never looked at the code, just uploaded it to VirusTotal. The other seems like seeing ViurstToal site first time.. idk.
    In old times there were HiJackThis Forum, or trojaner-board, who helped with that. Today idk where I would ask tbf..

I'm missing the times Kaspersky was trustworthy and yea.. no politic stuff general...

13. rayman95

rayman95 MDL Junior Member

Oct 3, 2018
    If I upgrade manually to .963, is there copilot or else who will be installed??do I have to update now or should I wait WU??

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Copilot is already gone with .863.

15. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    So now Ms force users to backup to cloud
    By default. I did say before. The bad guys .
    It's not the hackers group out there.
    The bad guys are companies like Ms & google
    Ms decided one day. I don't care about your privacy
    I will take your personal data
    To my personal cloud . Legit. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. m4d3x

m4d3x MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2024
    Thanks all for your efforts, I wonder if you could put me in the direction of the EN-GB version, needs me some of that queens english....(or king now)

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    (IoT) Enterprise 2024 LTSC is only available as en-US only atm, not sure if adding en-GB language files is needed when selected to set it the queen's english but if needed you can use W10MUI to create a MUI ISO..