[DISCUSSION] Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22557.1 (PC) [DEV Channel - ni_release]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Feb 16, 2022.

1. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    Smart App Control does absolutely nothing LOL
    Overall 22579 is a very good build.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    "Smart App Control" is a glorified "smartscreen" that bitches about anything not digitally signed - so it screws with small open-source developers that offer stuff for free.
    And the fun part: it often fails to validate stuff that literally comes with windows!
    There is nothing smart about that. On the contrary, it's like AVs regressed to the 90's level of uselessness, just screeching noises, while actual high-level malware runs fine, behind stolen / leaked driver certs..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    So far for me it appears it's doing nothing. I double checked the Windows Security app... it's there, activated. Didn't nag me about any "unwanted" apps yet.