[DISCUSSION] Windows 11 Official Build 22000.xxx (PC) [co_release]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jun 28, 2021.

1. vipanonymous

vipanonymous MDL Senior Member

Apr 3, 2014
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    MSFT changed so many things during the last years i lost track.

In the far past insiders got the build weeks before GA, next insiders got it just a few days before GA, then they started to put .1 builds as insider preview only and it was months of LCUs till GA.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Everybody who managed to install 22000.xxx gets the updates without being enrolled into any channel.

4. vipanonymous

vipanonymous MDL Senior Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Oh thanks a lot man :)

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    If you're suggesting that they are the final Win11 iso, I think you are mistaken. They are still keyed for Win10 and they don't have the cumulative required for offline support.
    There will be another iso at least with that cumulative included. I really doubt that it wouldn't also include win11 keying since they will want to sell this OS.
    At this point it is very likely that they have been testing this build and all cumulative updates extensively with their OEM partners.

6. EaglePC

EaglePC MDL Expert

Feb 13, 2012
    i think the final cu might fix that still no matter 22000.1 is final rtm i think truly this whole win 11 thing it just a covered up win 10

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #4427 Enthousiast, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    (OP)
    That contradicts the fact MSFT says that 11 will be offered on eligible systems, now running 10.

When they started hard pushing upgrades or feature updates, as they like to call it, nobody who once paid for their license, by key, slic for 7 (including loader activated) or 8.x/10 msdm, had to pay after, now they are going to hard push 11 on users, i personally expect that all will be the same.

8. Mellipes

Mellipes MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2021
    #4428 Mellipes, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    REMOVED -- more info added that changes the initinal info.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Read the entire post;)

10. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    It's possible, but it would be a first; at least since the advent of the Windows product keys. This OS is full of firsts so I wouldn't exactly be surprised at this point. They've frequently given upgrade period for free. Heck, I think even the win7loader to Win10 method probably still works. I haven't bothered trying it since the digital entitlement method. When you call the phone activation if you need to give the upgrade path, they ask for your old OS key and they help authorize your system for the newer authorization. I did that on my daughter's computer.

There isn't a whole lot to speculate on except that MS is really iffy about what they will or will not include in their final version. They really aren't doing things the way they used to do things so nobody can say for sure on anything. For predictions you might as well flip a coin for as much validity as they will have. I still think that MS has more quality control that 99% of other software companies out there, but on this release they clearly aren't bringing their A game.

11. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Because it's just new name for new version of Windows 10

they could have call it Windows 10/2 and won't be different

12. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I know they will definitely still try to sell this OS, but whether or not they actually try to make it more secure by updating their keying system...
    Like I told Enth, they aren't bringing their A game with this OS release. It feels rushed and poorly planned.
    It really does look like they aren't going to compile a new build for the final release which I feel is a mistake.
    The UI changes feel like they over-emphasize touch screens which feels like a bad design decision.
    I don't think TPM will actually stop any ransomware. It might speed up bitlocker encryption.
    Nothing about this OS feels like a solid improvement with the possible exception of direct storage, which I won't be using for many years.
    It feels like product for the sake of product. There needed to be a gap in between Win10 and Win11 so that Win11 had a need to exist.

13. geordiemark

geordiemark MDL Junior Member

Jan 28, 2009
    yeah know what you mean murphy, its always been about money and control of your pc system really and look whats going on now with covid 19 everything is linked the way I see it really, they want complete control of you and your pc system, if you look at smartphones we have android along with apple ect ect and there all doing the same thing, windows 8 upwards has all been the same really nothing has changed apart from defender which has more control then its ever had this is the reason I do prefer windows 7 ultimate, then we look at the ISPs world wide they log everything we do along with our operating systems in fact we cant fart without them knowing it has come to that now

14. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/1679253/

it was planned to be Windows 10X, then Windows 10 SunValley
    i guess the change to Windows 11 came in a late stage

they didn't change KMS protocol, nor closed the upgrade/HWID activation loophole
    they treat it like Ads, more users/viewers.. more benefits
    not to mention the marketing hype with Insider program

15. Mellipes

Mellipes MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2021
    I recon you nailed it mate. Look at what drives their revenue. its no longer the actual sale of the Operating System. Like TV's, that are subsided heavily by the Online Industry so they sell them below cost to get your subscriptions and data, I see M$ in the same boat. They will virtually give this away, as they are going after two big paying markets here. As stated, W11 has all the hall marks of touchscreen technology, thats the first area. Imagine the apps they will sell when android is onboard. The second is even bigger, the Online Gamer Market, hence the main selling point of Direct Storage, and the better gaming experience.

To me I see M$ has realized where the future money is to made, and is positioning itself to capitalize. What it means for us humble computer users. Well probably like TV's, a cheap system that they dont really care if it has bugs on release, or even if workarounds exist. Main aim to them, get it out there to the market that matters.

16. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Well they definitely get a cut when OEM systems are bundled with an OS. If an OEM is big enough they can even buy a bulk pack. When I was very young I worked at a pc shop and we had OEM versions of Win98SE that we bundled with systems I put together. I imagine with the professional OEMs they have an actual relationship with MS rather than just buying OEM versions of an OS though. The OEM versions we had were basically just a book with the holographic labels to confirm they were legit and a cd. All the actual huge OEMs I've seen don't seem to provide that same OEM literature and instead provide their own. They do provide some small holographic labeling and a key obviously. Not that going back 23 years is very relevant these days, LOL

17. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Well that brings up an important angle. We're thinking of this from an end-user angle, but from a shareholder angle why call this Win11 instead of Win10x or something else? Obviously Sun Valley was just a code name.
    I think they want to increase stock value by selling product, but if they don't actually sell product that would be difficult. I guess technically they still COULD sell it using win10 keys.
    I wonder how much of their sales are due to OEM bundled with OS. I bet it's most of them. I can't imagine most people going to the store to specifically buy an operating system.
    I'm guessing they also thought of that while they made this TPM requirement.

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009