[DISCUSSION] Windows 11 Official Build 22000.xxx (PC) [co_release]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Xtreme21

Xtreme21 MDL Addicted

Jun 21, 2021
    Sorry, I hadn't seen the ads story. Saw lots of stuff about the upgrade breaking Explorer but nowt about the ads thing. Apologies anyway.

2. krdu

krdu MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I have lost the ability to see anything on the desktop. The files are still there, in the desktop folder. Creating a new file on the desktop, it also disappears but is in the desktop[ directory. Reverting with restore fixes it but it has happened several times. I applied the fix previously because .178 bollexed up the system like it did for most people. I applied it again, no change. Anyone have any ideas?

3. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    While you could do a clean install of Window 11, the first question is whether you have all the drivers needed. Keep in mind that some drivers that worked OK with Windows 10 may not work with Windows 11. That includes motherboard drivers as well as other hardware such as a printer. In past years when a new version of Windows came out, driver development lagged. How long it lagged depended on the vendor. I noticed last week that Nvidia is now labelling their video driver for Win 10 and for Win 11. Kudos to Nvidia.

4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I've noticed in your code that you start the windefend service. Maybe that's enough to bypass the troubles people were having. I'm really not sure why other people wouldn't have it running. Perhaps it's stuck in processing because of cumulative updates or they were just so lightning quick after booting up and running defender control that the service hadn't properly started. At either rate I think the proper way of dealing with windefend not running isn't a pause, it's doing what you did and having a "net start windefend" line.

5. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    That's just their interpretation. Like people on this board, everyone has opinions and nobody really knows what MS is going to do because MS has never done this before. If they really do ship previous versions of this build on laptops it would be a mistake because they would need to make it able to function without updates. One thing that many people forget is that most MS operating systems are designed to be offline, even if they have heavy online capability. To require people to download further patches to have an OS that isn't broken is unacceptable. Some people quite literally cannot. Obviously this is different from skus like Windows 365 which is designed as an online only version, and people could even argue the Win11 home version could fall into that category, but my understanding is that once you log in as your ms account, you can disable it and thus never need to do it again. Of course it would auto-download the cumulative patch during oobe setup after it detects internet capability anyway, but the point stands for the pro sku and most other skus, including the enterprise versions.

6. jsmith242

jsmith242 MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2014
    Except that most inbox apps are just stubs to pull the apps in from MS Store, so without an internet connection to get things started initially Windows 11 is pretty much useless to offline users.

7. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    The store apps that come with Windows are just teasers now. I'm kinda glad they don't download the whole version automatically. They used to download hundreds of megs of files for each app automatically. Then when you tried to use the app, it would want to update it, and often download a hundred more just to patch it to the latest version. It was pretty wasteful. All of those apps were just bloat. Considering most people never touched them, I don't consider that a bad thing that they install downloaders instead of actual apps for store apps. The store, after all, is an online market place.

8. farmers

farmers MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Why am I getting an EMPTY_FILELIST error using the script from uupdump for build 22000.168? The most recent one I have found that works is 22000.132.

9. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    had to do a system restore because i forgot to click on decline on software that was packed with something i wanted, 2 antivirus programs got installed and trashed my registry, AVG and AVAST, system restore wiped out all the icon and gave me place holders, had no choice but to revert back to the trashed registry. Cannot delete avast software or avg in registry software lists, i get error cant find specified file, tried everything to remove them. Word of advice dont accidently install 3rd part antivirus programs or on purpose ...they trash your pc

10. angel1610

angel1610 MDL Senior Member

Apr 4, 2009
    I told you all, get out of dev and go to beta once done go to dev and try it, it will work.

P.S. for those on !!!!legit pc's!!!.

11. angel1610

angel1610 MDL Senior Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Why use avast in the first place....pos for my view.

For years I use eset and no probs.

12. okaussie3

okaussie3 MDL Member

May 23, 2017
    I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 with build 10.22000.51 on 6/28. When I did, it took me out of the Insiders Program and can't get back in. Since then I have continued the upgrades to the present one, 10.22000.176 and still can't get back in.

I did a clean install on another drive with Build 10.22449.1000 and all I had to do with it is revert it back from Beta channel to Dev Channel.

so my question is: What happened to the .51 build to do this and how to fix it without moving everything over to the 22449 build??

Attached Files:

13. albacore78

albacore78 MDL Member

Jul 26, 2019
    dont upgrade to 22000.176 its dick. ,y whole pc crashed

14. rustynails

rustynails MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2015
    Use "OfflineInsiderEnroll.cmd" and then after using windows update and it fails you need to replace "appraiserres.dll" in source and try again . it will work on 2nd try.. worked for me.

15. dvbman

dvbman MDL Junior Member

Apr 23, 2015
    #4697 dvbman, Sep 5, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Hi to all,

fast question: it's the first time that I install a beta version and not an rtm (in this case Windows 11 Insider Preview Client_x64_xx-xx_ 22000.iso) and I was wondering if keeping it constantly updated (without using msaccount), when the rtm comes out on 5th oct it will align and it will be like having an rtm or will continue beta channel updates.

Thanks for the clarifications!

16. weir

weir MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2014
    any tool to activate windows 11..showing watermark on right side

17. crypticus

crypticus MDL Senior Member

Jun 29, 2015
    use universal watermark remover to remove insider watermark on right site.
    activating can be done via kms vl all script as always

18. farmers

farmers MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2011