[DISCUSSION] Windows Repair Toolbox

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by windsman, Feb 19, 2015.

1. panar

panar MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2017
    What happened to the website? Is the project over?

2. Kyle_Katarn

Kyle_Katarn MDL Member

May 24, 2018
    Website is working fine.

3. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
  4. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hello everyone, I've just released version 3.0.1.8 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:

### Added

- Improved high-DPI support (for instance, the program will no longer look blurry when the DPI is set to 150%, like is common to see on some modern laptops).

- When a new version of Windows Repair Toolbox is available, the program is now able to auto-update while keeping user customizations. It will no longer ask you to go to the website to download the new version.

### Changed

- When setting a startup password for WRT, you will be asked you to enter it twice (in order to prevent typos).

- If you insert the wrong password when entering WRT, the program will no longer close itself (it was annoying having to re-open it).

- Improvements to the "Clear Downloads" function.

- Several other minor improvements.

### Fixed

- If Vipre Rescue was configured to run a full scan (instead of the default quick scan), the "Run Unattended" process would return an error when trying to put together the resulting logs.

As always, if you have suggestions to improve the program, or bugs to report, please let me know.

Thank you!

5. gundja

gundja MDL Junior Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Hello , first and foremost it is a nice tool and congrats on the hard work for on going development.
    I have a windows 8.1 machine who cannot boot and is asking for the windows 8.1 to repair.
    my question is can I create a bootable cd/dvd with this tool to fix this issue?

6. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi gundja, thank you! No, the tool is not bootable.

Maybe you can find some help on the Windows 8 section of the Forum: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/windows-8.42/

7. DavidDr

DavidDr MDL Novice

May 22, 2019
    Very good tool. Thanks for sharing !

8. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hello everyone, I've just released version 3.0.1.9 of Windows Repair Toolbox. Here’s what has changed:

### Added

- Added Sysinternals "Process Monitor" to the "Useful Tools" section.

- Added "Webroot System Analyzer" to the "Final Tests" tab, replacing "Kaspersky System Checker". It's the button named "Quick Check".

### Changed

- Replaced the ".AVI" test with the ".MP4" test, in the "Final Tests" section.

### Removed

- Removed "Kaspersky System Checker". Even though this tool has been officially discontinued last year, it was still receiving updates until very recently. Now it seems that it has been definitely put down (the download link stopped working).

Thank you.

9. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #191 AlexCa, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    I've just released another version (3.0.2.0) of Windows Repair Toolbox in order to address two bugs I've found meanwhile.

###Fixed
    - Due to a change in the way the program "CloneApp" (in the "Backup & Recovery" section) is zipped, WRT was no longer being able to run it.
    - The program "Don't Sleep" (in the "Useful Tools" section) wasn't running on 32-bits Windows versions.

I'm sorry for the successive update. Thank you.

10. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
  11. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
    #194 AlexCa, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Hello everyone, I've just released version 2.0.2.3 of Windows Repair Toolbox.

This release fixes and improves several things already exiting in the software (no new functionalities so) and changes the target framework of the project to .NET Framework 4.5. This was necessary since, through the time, lots of websites stopped supporting TLS 1.0.

Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported. Windows XP doesn't support .NET 4.5. Windows Vista supports it but doesn't support TLS 1.2 by default. There was also a crescent number of programs in the toolbox that would no longer work in those OS's.

Here's what's changed:

### Fixed
    - An "Access Denied" message would be shown while closing WRT if Windows Repair AIO tray icon was active.

- The Microsoft Safety Scanner download, in the "Malware Removal" tab, would frequently fail.

- Several other internal improvements and fixes.

### Changed
    - WRT now targets .NET Framework 4.5, to support TLS 1.2.

- In the "Malware Removal" tab, replaced Zemana with Malwarebytes.

- Updated the CPU temperature monitor.

### Removed
    - Removed support for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Thank you!

12. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
  13. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015
  14. gwekk

gwekk MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2018
    best tool.

15. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Does this still work? I downloaded the latest version and it still gives only Error Notices...

16. AlexCa

AlexCa MDL Member

Apr 14, 2015