Dism++ | New Windows Utility

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Mouri_Naruto, Feb 14, 2015.

1. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    It doesnt only happen with win 10 2004 .

>cleaning with my cleaning programs

Wich programs do you use ? ...... And why ? My mom loved me and used to send me to school in sommer with wellington boots and a plastic raincoat on and three sweater in case it snowed :)

2. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Ok.
    You should inform user on the programs homesite or within the program since now it has become serious since it creates a damaged Notepad.

3. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017
    I guess this question is for me.

Besides Dism++ i use Glary utilities, HiBit uninstallers cleaning features and some of Black Bird Cleaners features. And NTLite to slim the Os.

Why, to get a slim Os so i can backup and restore fast. I do it a lot due to testing things. Right now it is 7gb, only.

4. marzino

marzino MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks Mouri_Naruto
    I will wait for future developments

5. Mouri_Naruto

Mouri_Naruto MDL Developer

Jul 10, 2014
    I think it's a good idea, but I don't have the permission of the website, so I should talk to mingkuang (the main author of DISM++) about that.

6. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Good luck.

Its a really good and effective program and it would be a pity if it would stop developing totally and in the end vanish.

7. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    More than just notepad I believe. I use DISM++ and had an issue with notepad, wordpad and paint all failing to open.

I tired to remove them as optional features (successful) and then add them back (unsuccessful).

Installing the latest CU for 20H2 resolved the issue. After reboot all 3 could be added via optional features and functioned normally.

8. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017
  9. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017

Wow, that much.

Wouldnt it be simpler to do a backup before any change, as a routine ;)

10. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    What makes you think i don't? Just giving a bug report since I had a similar experience.

11. Kevin Rosas

Kevin Rosas MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    I am still using this useful and compatible tool for windows versions

12. caspertone2003

caspertone2003 MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2014
    WinSxS error can be overcomed...

Open CMD/admin rights and execute "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup"
    Then WinSxS cleaning works again. If, not, scan helth in dism++ then repeat above.
    The WinSxS cleaning error is not happenging always, have several virtual machines with no error and others with error...

13. apostrophe

apostrophe MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2016
    Just came across DSIM++ for the first time. Could be exactly what I need to update many medical tracking PCs in Africa. However, on 3 separate systems with completely different configurations, I get a dialog 'The system cannot find the file specified' when attempting to scan for updates - either on the installed OS(es) or on a W7-64 iso that i have extracted and mounted the .wim file.
    I have tried to debug this with file handle loggers and other debug methods, but I can't find what file DSIM++ is attempting to find/open. Is there some prerequisite I am missing? Path?Location?
    It seems to show Drivers, Apps and Optional features ok, shows Update History OK, but pops up the dialog when the SCAN button is pressed.
    There is an entry in the Dsim++.log for each time I press the scan button - like:
    2020-09-15 11:52:32, Info PID=4568 TID=20208, Windows Update 正在扫描更新 (which means 'scanning for updates')
    I have also tried the [WUA] DisableInstallUpdate=1 config switch, but it seemed to make no difference to this symptom.
    Tried on:
    Dual boot W7-64 (recently updated) and W10-64 (needs update) (and extracted W7-64 iso which needs updates)
    W10-64 (fully updated)
    W7-32 (needing updates.)

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks...

14. BT 1

BT 1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 16, 2017

If control over the updates are the only thing you want there are much better apps out there for that.

15. djsms

djsms MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2013
    How is the support 20h1 and 20h2?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. sizen

sizen MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Dear Chuyu team.
    We have created a Japanese file for Dism++, which you can use if you like.
    The current Japanese file has been corrected because the translation was incomplete in some places.
    I noticed that the ["shift右击时显示在此处打开命令窗口(by sandtechnology)"] setting is not written in any language file.
    The attached file has been fixed there.
    It has been added to line 760 of "ja.xml".
    I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Attached Files:

• ja.zip
      File size:
      39.6 KB
      Views:
  17. Mouri_Naruto

Mouri_Naruto MDL Developer

Jul 10, 2014
    Thanks.
    I will update to the DISM++'s source code repository and wait mingkuang release a new version.

Mouri

18. Thanks a lot @Mouri_Naruto . eagerly waiting for this awesome dism GUI tool update <:)>

19. ceo54

ceo54 MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2015
    Sorry for the noob question but Is there a way to manipulate registry in the mounted image ? I couldn't find any such option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. Stafamu

Stafamu MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2018
    You can import registry tweaks under tab System Optimizer (in the down, right corner)