DMI Boot CD/Floppy/USB for Award-AMI-Intel BIOS (Add SLP1.0 w/o modding)

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by scancode, Dec 28, 2009.

1. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    Please check first the title of this thread. :(

2. marche

marche MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    links are dead :(

3. Machined

Machined MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2011
    The links are indeed dead :(

Would anyone be able to post a link to the USB bootable version of this?

4. stream

stream MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010

Attached Files:

5. gamergomer

gamergomer MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    #45 gamergomer, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
    I'm trying to tattoo my HP a6750f DMI replacement motherboard so I can load the latest HP bios so it will work with my cpu. The MS-7548 I bought has a 5.11 bios which isn't compatible with my orginal cpu and I can't load the 5.13 bios because it doesn't think I have a HP motherboard (and I can't find a generic bios either?).

So I burned this ISO to a disk and tried running the award AMI part and it says it works but it never asks me for any info. I still can't update bios. For stupidity's sake, I tried the Intel way and that didn't work either.

If I go to view DMI Table, I get:
    Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    Product: PPPPPPP-CCC#MMMMMMMM
    Version:
    Serial:

Any help would be appreciated...

ps. the motherboard won't boot to usb and I've not had a floppy drive since 1995...

6. gamergomer

gamergomer MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2011
    I decided to start my own thread so I'm not watching this one anymore.... :)

7. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    sorry, didn't notice the last post. got the links now.

btw, u should update the first post

8. WITB

WITB MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    Now that Megaupload is no more, can anyone host these files someone else?
    Looking for the ISO image if possible.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  10. WITB

WITB MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    Yes your right it takes me to minus and im able to download the ISO (1.8MB) but the only file i see is a text file with the following "made by polar/scannie for the mydigitallife.net forums
    based on the work by "Suicide Solution". kudos to you."

The links on the first page are dead, but the ones on the 5th page from Stream seem to still work.

Sorry about the Megaupload comment, i had downloaded a few of the other images without Sata support and they had text files with links to Megaupload.

I tried mounting the image with MagicISO as well as burning it and all im seeing is the 1 text file.

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    That is because you do not know how boot cd's work when you open up the iso file in MagicISO you need to save the boot file then open it up with iso editing program and you will see all the files also i do not recommend MagicISO it may work but a lot of member have trouble with it.

12. WITB

WITB MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    Urie,
    How would you recommend i burn the ISO file? I tried using Imgburn the first time. Are you saying i need to use an ISO editing program to extract the files and then burn them? I guess i dont know how boot files work, but i tell ya i have burnt plenty of ISO files and created numerous USB boot disks and never ran into this.

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  15. WITB

WITB MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    Thanks Tito,
    I managed to use 7zip to extract the ISO file and i now see the Boot folder. Ill try burning it again later and see how it goes.
    If i decide to go the USB root, ill give your instructions a shot.

16. WITB

WITB MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    Thanks Urie ill try booting the first disk i made yesterday and see what happens. When i extracted the contents of the ISO file with 7Zip, i saw the boot folder and inside of it was an IMG file. I take it that burning the ISO file with Imgburn should have done the trick, or would i have to use Imgburn to burn the extracted IMG file?

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #58 urie, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    Just burning the ISO would work I just mention Magiciso problem as a matter of caution it would more than likely work. Personally I use ultraiso have done for years never had any problems and unlike other iso burning program it is very rarely updated because it does work :)

Edit P.S. I updated links on first page to make them clickable.

18. WITB

WITB MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2012
    Yup just tried the disk i made yesterday and voila it does work. :wallbash:
    At the risk of asking a real noob question. I take it if i use the boot disk on a computer i built myself with AMI BIOS, it should work fine correct?
    I installed SP3 and cant get into Safe Mode without first activating it. Going this route should give me a fully functional activated XP Pro SP3 machine right?
    I cant find the link for the thread i was following yesterday. It had links to various XP torrents etc. Im sure if i keep searching and clicking ill find it again.

19. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You missed one: