DMI Boot CD for Award-AMI-Intel BIOS (Add SLP1.0 w/o modding)

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by 911medic, Jul 14, 2009.

1. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GENERiC

GENERiC MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    I've got also that s**tty error with "Dude, the windows cd wasnt detected". And no, my motherboard doesn't support booting from USB. Is there any other solution than booting from USB or flashing BIOS to tattoo the system? I just can't understand why that old DOS way was used for booting, because as I can read, I'm not the only one to have that problem.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Download scancode's dmitattoo_With Sata Drivers.iso link is on first page.

5. GENERiC

GENERiC MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    It has worked, thanks. ;)

6. WickedBro

WickedBro MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    Board is ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3, error i get when i try to tattoo is following:

Error Number=30000081
    It is an PnP Function Error
    Function Number = 0
    Command Number = 0
    Error happen in Subroutine #0
    PnP functions return code:0x81 Unknown, or invalid, function number passed.

Any Ideas ?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. WickedBro

WickedBro MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    That was it, job done. Thanks man, i owe you one :).

9. cicciorc87

cicciorc87 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2014
    Ciao 911medic sono francesco e mi sono imbattuto nel vostro forum .
    Ho visto che ne avete già parlato mi si e resettato il serial number sul mio hp dv5 1020 el e mi da la scritta (serial number not found) dovrei cercare di riscrivere il numero seriale ed ho letto che tramite hp dmifit o hp dmi toolkit si puo fare e o anche visto che voi tu li avevi linkati in passato ( h t tp://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/6351-DMI-Boot-CD-for-Award-AMI-Intel-BIOS-(Add-SLP1-0-w-o-modding) solo che i ilink non sono piu' validi .
    ti volevo chiedere se e possibili averli di nuovo in qualche modo te ne sarei molto grato.
    in attesa di una tua risposta ti ringrazio e ti auguro un buongiorno.

p.s. se li dovessi avere mi potresti spiegare come funzionano GRAZIE

NATURALMENTE LA DOMANDA è ESTESA A TUTTI GRAZIE

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  12. xmasterx

xmasterx MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2011
    Oembiostest not found oembioscat I have Phoenix bios and winphlash how to insert string (f000,e000,2000,AcerSystem) or your dmı boot cd wich

View attachment 28700

My english bad
    thanks

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @MR. HAPPY

1. oembios.exe is practically useless for you as you have valid HP SLP string(s) in the bios; no need to check for it.
    2. Not exactly the solution, but why don't you create fresh OEM SLP installation media by modifying MSDN ISO with HP OEMBIOS sets??

14. MR. HAPPY

MR. HAPPY MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm not sure how to do that. So far, I've created the recovery discs (that worked once, but don't work ever since I updated my BIOS). I've completely reformatted the hard drive, including the recovery partitions, so I can't even create another recovery set that would look at the new BIOS configuration.....I'm not sure how to "create a fresh OEM SLP installation media by modifying the MSDN ISO with HP OEMBIOS sets. I've been building and troubleshooting computer since 1999, but I've luckily never came accross not being able to use a brand new recovery set just because I updated the BIOS directly from the manufacturer website. I'm not sure how to fix this issue, but I do want to be able to use the recovery discs since the computer came bundled with tons of software and the computer is in very good shape.......not to mention in this economy I can't afford to take it to an HP Service center or buy another computer. Is there anyone out there that can help me with instructions on how to fix my BIOS so that the information can be restored and my new recovery discs will work again? Or, if anyone can help me with instructions on a workaround so that I can get the recovery disc set to work and successfully validate my system? I installed Windows XP from another computer I had, but it will only work up to 30 days, then I'll have to install it again.....plus I can't update it. I'd prefer to find a way to be able to use my recovery discs so that when I go to use them they don't tell me that they're not made for my computer, when in fact they were created from my computer. Please help with instructions if anyone can. Thanks.

15. MR. HAPPY

MR. HAPPY MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2014
    Hi "911medic". I posted a couple of questions at the end of this post (pg. 36). If you're able to help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

16. MR. HAPPY

MR. HAPPY MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2014
    Is there anyone out there that can help me get my recovery discs to work? Thanks in advance.

17. MR. HAPPY

MR. HAPPY MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2014
    Please? Anyone?