DMI Boot CD for Award-AMI-Intel BIOS (Add SLP1.0 w/o modding)

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by 911medic, Jul 14, 2009.

1. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yeah i get that also do you have sata cd/dvd ?

2. hoodlikegaza

hoodlikegaza MDL Junior Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Yes sir, I do...

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Small problem with the cd..working on it, but for now IDE only..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. asin123

asin123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    HP DMI Utility

Hey All,

I have a slight Problem. I have an HP a6540a Desktop Computer. The Motherboard Recently gave up and I purchased a Second Hand one which came from an HP a6430a Computer. This is the exam same motherboard I had, but it has been tattoed for the a6430a and not the a6540a. I am able to change the Model Number and Serial Number using the Tools in this Thread. However, I when I run the DMICFG.EXE Tool, there is an OEMINFO Section which has the Build ID of the computer as well. My computer has a Different Build ID to the one in the Motherboard at the Moment. I am able to edit the Build ID in DMICFG.EXE but when I press F10 to update the DMI it wont let me and reverts to its original Settings. Is there a way to Update the OEM INFO in the DMI Area?

Cheers

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Try DMIScope. This works most of the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. rockjim

rockjim MDL Novice

May 15, 2009
    Got the same "Dude" message on my ASUS mb referenced in earlier post when I tried using the DMI boot disk. And yes, I have a SATA DVD drive. So, I thought, no biggie, I'll just unplug the SATA drive and plug in an IDE drive, enable it in bios and off to the races. Oops, too optimistic :eek:. Got the same 'no drive found, aborting installation' followed by 'Device driver not found: 'MSCD001' and then the 'Dude" message. Odd that the IDE drive wouldn't work in this setup, although it is reading and booting from the drive just fine.

I read the last post about DMIScope and read about it online. Could one use this and insert the manufacturer string using this as a first step and then use your OEMBIOS changer tool to complete it?

Thanks for the guidance.

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yes, probably. I have sata drives on my machine and it works fine..I have tested it quite a bit.

Maybe make a bootable cd with just dmicfg on it..Look at bootdisk.com

8. ktjebkes

ktjebkes MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    I said the heck with it. I told my customer he may take it to Best Buy or whom ever he would like so he may have back to factory stock or I would get it up and running my way and less money and left it up to him.
    As Frank Sinatra once said,
    He did it my way. Thanks again for your help

9. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    They would have done the same thing, with maybe their own tools..

10. TrevsRevenge

TrevsRevenge MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2008
    #70 TrevsRevenge, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    New Build

I have just built a new pc I used a ECS Elitegroup board
    Code:
    P43T-A2
    with an AMI Bios can I use this cd to tattoo the string needed to activate xp pro it does not matter to me if it's an hp oem or not. I have burnt the disk and it will boot should I hit option 2 or do it manually any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2007
    There is a nice cd out to do this to award bioses too. Hiren's boot disc has dmiedit on it, and I've used it to mod quite a few bioses now without actually modding. The trick to getting it to stick is to make sure to hit the function key to update the bios after applying the settings... I think that is where many go wrong. They just type over it and expect it to apply it without hitting f3 or whichever function key it is (it tells you inside the program).

12. nene

nene MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    This is my test pc:
    Motherboard Name:Biostar M7VIG 400
    BIOS Type:Award
    BIOS Version:VIG1224 BF 400
    Award BIOS Type:phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG

The pc is quite old, been using it for testing.:D

Can i tattoo it using the DMI Boot CD.

Thanks for the reply.

13. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Even better, you can download the ECS OEMBIOS folders, and make your own windows XP ECS OEM SLP license disc....no need to modify ECS BIOS to any other SLP 1.0 OEM. ECS has their own SLP 1.0 license files. Somewhere in this forum I posted the serial and you can find the oembios files here too.

14. dealcrawler

dealcrawler MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    I have an Asus A3M78-CM and would like to know whether I can use this tool.
    I want my bios modded so that I can activate WHS.

I tried the AMI tool and modded my Bios to HP slic2.1 but for some reason, WHS still ask me to activate ( and I couldn't find the Hewlett_Packard string in the bios either).

My board can't be used with this tool, please point me to the right direction.
    My ultimate goal is to be able to OEM activate WHS

15. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  16. dealcrawler

dealcrawler MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    Ahhh, it does not work. Something is wrong my my modded bios

17. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Should be ok..This has worked for a LOT of people.

The tool I originally made for me, It works well...:D:D

18. dealcrawler

dealcrawler MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    911medic,

I'm wondering if you could help me with my board. I've tried every possible way that I've read from here without success. The SLIC is inserted fine but that is not what I'm looking for. The SLP string which I need to activate WHS is no where to be found (in the modded bios).

If it does not work, I'm thinking of getting a different board that is proven working with WHS.