Do I need an InsydeH20 BIOS Mod?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by travis.garrison, Jan 23, 2010.

1. travis.garrison

travis.garrison MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2010
    OK, here's the scoop. I have an HP HDX 16T with Windows 7 64-bit and I just upgraded to 8GB of RAM. The RAM works fine except that it's being downclocked to run at 333MHz instead of 400MHz. I suspect that the BIOS is doing this. Is it possible to modify the insyde BIOS so that it either enables the screen to manually set the clock speeds (preferrable) or to prevent it from downclocking my RAM?

2. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Its nothing to do with the BIOS original .. its the bios correct, but the bios is only doing it because either you dont have match RAM module in it , all of them should be capable to go 400 mhz or else its downclock it for your own good .. i guess you cant set manual ram clock timings and frequenz in a HP bios like other branded Notebook bioses ..

3. travis.garrison

Jan 20, 2010
    Nope, the RAM is identical matching G. Skill PC2-800 DDR2-6400. So there are no screens in the Insyde BIOS to overclock the processor or manually set clock timings that HP hides? I've looked at the SPD table on the RAM and the 400MHz is right there.

4. tserj

tserj MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2010
    I have the same problem with insyde BIOS, and I think we need a BIOS mod anyway. Need to enable advanced settings and setup timings.

5. travis.garrison

Jan 20, 2010
    So does anyone know how to mod the Insyde BIOS other than hacking it to activate Windows?