Do keys from Technet work on latest leaked Build?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dvanduijn, Aug 1, 2009.

1. dvanduijn

dvanduijn MDL Junior Member

May 1, 2009
    Can somebody tell me if the keys from Technet will work on the Zukona Final RTM-Build Ultimate? And does anybody know how many keys a Technet Plus Subscriber can get?

2. .h088y!57

.h088y!57 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    #2 .h088y!57, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Yes

When product keys are released for this build of Windows 7 Ultimate on Microsoft TechNet, they will activate it successfully.

3. ammarman

ammarman MDL Member

Jul 17, 2009
    #3 ammarman, Aug 1, 2009
    it must work since the Zukona's leaked OS is the same OS that well be on Technet on 6th Aug

4. mojavekroc

mojavekroc MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    #4 mojavekroc, Aug 1, 2009
    Generally Microsoft decides how many keys that they will give you. With Vista, you were first only given one key per version. They later pulled all versions on my sub except Enterprise, Business, and Ultimate.

A few months later they upgraded their Technet site and again all versions were available except Starter, but you could get keys if you called in and had a good reason of why you needed that version.

After the upgrade they had a new way of obtaining keys for the various versions. For Enterprise you got only one MAK key that was only good for 15 activations. The other versions including N versions allowed you to generate up to 10 separate keys per yearly subscription (this is per version). Each key is capable of activating 10 PCs. These are "retail" keys. However, the difference with Technet "retail" keys is that they do not include Microsoft Support if you have an issue. You do get I think one or two support incidents per year.

You also get all commercial versions of Office 2007, all of the servers, and some older Office apps such as Office 2003 Professional...

They do offer Volume License subscriptions that have VLK keys but I believe that they cost considerably more.

5. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    yes it does