do registry fixers work

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by dunc1234, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolwop

coolwop MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    I've used both RegSupreme and then jv16 PowerTools.... They seemed to remove a lot of junk (inspecting the entries they found) but I have never experienced any kind of sensible boost in the performance of my PCs.

Sometimes I used the Windows Live OneCare (online) ...quite useless...

2. dunc1234

dunc1234 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2010
    hi, well thanks for all your views and comments, its basically reinforced my own opinion that it may give the impresion of "cleaning the registry" possible making a miniscule improvement in performance, but as for fixing a pc with crashing habits there no use at all and commercial ones are a waste of money. i fix a huge amounts of pc's for people and admit that i find ccleaner ideal for removing a lot of crap, which could make a big difference to staorage before supersize hard drives, on a 40 gb hdrive i had this program remove 8 gb of junk, well worth it. its easy though to get set in your ways of whats good and what is not so i value everyones opinion here. Sadly i would say adware programs ( my old favourite was adaware) are going the same way as this is now common in most antivirus packages.

unless anyone wants to add anything imporant i would now regard this thread as closed and hope its been of benefit to others as dl has been for me.