Do Technet keys expire?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dvanduijn, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssaeth

ssaeth MDL Member

Jul 16, 2009
    you can make so many keys you want

lets say vista i have made 7 keys = 7x 10 times activate and if i need more keys i make a new.

same with other programs in there :)

2. haXXa

haXXa MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2007
    I've never lied on this question. When I still used XP OEM and changed my H/W and the license denied activating I just called them, they asked about the circumstances I answered e.g. "I changed the motherboard, and I'd still like to be able to use my machine."

Then we went right to step 4. ^^
    Turns out even people working at Microsoft follow use common sense, even though the EULA does not.

3. shadowofdeath15

shadowofdeath15 MDL Novice

May 12, 2009
    I was just j/k'ing:D, anyways only stupid people would get caught by abusing it
    too much. That's why I'd only share with close friends.

4. lionel

lionel MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2007
    #24 lionel, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    Discount Coupon codes are appearing all the time for Technet Plus Account, but most of them apply to US/Canada website.
    Does anybody know here if it is possible to subscribe to TechNet Plus Direct using the USA link when the person is not living in the USA?

I am wondering if they require a valid USA address for TechNet Plus Direct or could anybody benifit from these discount schemes while this is online scheme and does not involve delivery of DVDs.

5. cuncon

cuncon MDL Junior Member

Jul 6, 2009

Could you please tell me how I can get Discount Coupon codes ??

Thanks in advance

6. lionel

lionel MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2007
    Sorry, at the moment I don't have any new working Discount Coupon. The one I found had expired in June.

But still I do not know if a non USA person could register for Technet Plus Direct account using the USA website or I have to do it on my country's website. :confused:
    But then no dicount would be available. :confused:

7. mojavekroc

mojavekroc MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Although this has usually been the case, I had let my paid subscription expire this year because I had received a free one. The free subscription took about 4 weeks to receive and in that time I found that I could no longer access any of my keys. So to play it safe, always copy your keys.

However, once my new subscription was valid I could then access my previous keys as well as my new ones.

8. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    20% off
    TNCP210
    TNCP171

25% off
    TMSAM01
    TMSAM02
    TMSAM03
    TMSAM04
    TMSAM05
    TMSAM06
    TMSAM07
    TMSAM08
    TMSAM09
    TMSAM10
    TMSAM11
    TMSAM12
    TMSAM13
    TMSAM14
    TMSAM15
    TMSAM16
    TMSAM17
    TNF10

there you go

Remember they add vat to final price anyway, so your not really saving anything in europe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    thanks, but to which country/countries are the promo codes applicable?

10. mojavekroc

mojavekroc MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    With some keys they give you up to 10 (per year). They now generate keys on demand. However, some applications will only give you 1 (Vista Enterprise and some Office products).

I believe that if they caught you selling keys that they would probably try to prosecute you. A few years back I was selling some copies of Vista Business and Office 2007 Professional on Ebay. I legitimately got the keys and licenses at MSDN and Technet conferences. They were given to all attendees.

I was contacted by first ebay and then Microsoft and told that I cannot sell those products on ebay and it was actually illegal. They knew who I was because my email matched my Technet subscription.

I was told that the next time that I got caught selling Microsoft products on ebay that were given to me a Microsoft promotions I would never be allowed to sell on ebay again and I might be looking at legal action.

Microsoft has a large full time team that scours ebay and other sites (like this one) looking for questionable activities. Does that mean you will get caught? Probably not, but after seeing normal people getting nailed for uploading music on P2P and getting fines hundreds of thousands of dollars, I hardly think that it would be worth the risk.

Although the keys are considered retail, you cannot get any support because they are tied to your account. So if someone calls in for some type of activation situation they will probably be asked their name to match with the account. If you sell keys or give them to friends, this is where you might be exposed.

It is totally legitimate to have your own Technet subscription but you are not supposed to give away or sell keys. Just be aware of the risk... ;)

11. lionel

lionel MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2007
    But one could have money due to exchange rate between Euro and Dollar if it would be possible to buy it from USA website when you live in europe. :D

For many other software companies it works that you buy from US website while you live in europe but not sure for microsoft. :rolleyes:

12. acs

acs MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    Just tried with one of those codes from the uk,
    It gives the price in sterling and applies the discount ie £175+vat.
    As it is a download the physical location should not make a difference.

13. lionel

lionel MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2007
    Well it does make difference with respect to the price of the Technet Plus Direct Account in Euros. In Europe it is much more expensive. :eek::mad:

Original price : 373,64€ == $530
    After applying 25%: 280,23€ == $397

Where as in USA:
    Original price : $349
    After applying 25%: $262

Microsoft puniches EU customers with much higher prices. :mad:
    It seems they don't care about the actual exchage rate. :mad:

14. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    #34 msr, Jul 28, 2009
    do not know if you want to buy why do you not just try them on technet site. I just found them and i found that the few i checked i worked.

Europeans gets stiffed on the vat, being irish vat, is 21%.

So you need to add irish vat to the final price after code to see what you will really pay.

Looks like over £200, even after code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. OleBent

OleBent MDL Member

Aug 22, 2007
    #35 OleBent, Jul 28, 2009
    Thank for finding and sharing these promo codes.

Worked fine. (Northern EU)

Price ended at approx $398.... Incl VAT
    Not cheap being a citizen in the EU....But well not cheap doing business for MS around here as well.

Still saved the 25% :)

16. NCS

NCS MDL Member

Jun 24, 2010
    #37 NCS, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    Posting MAK is not allowed, please respect the rules.

No requesting, posting or sharing of keys and serials, especially unique keys of paid applications. Exception: Generic OEM_SLP keys of windows OS are allowed since they are universal at preinstalled systems.

Yen. MDL admin.

17. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Whats the idea of reviving a three year old thread just for warning when the thread starter and the subscribers to this thread may/may not be active now a days.:D