Do you care...?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by gorski, Apr 17, 2012.

1. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Yeah.... I took some classes, but I still got cravings; especially crispy frenche fries. Don't even metion home-made chilli-dogs w/ extra sharp chedder.... Yum.
    We should all be the captains of our ship(s). Knowledge is king; but love rules....
    Gettin' hungry thinkin' of the topic.
    I'll be back....lol
    One

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Quite true;
    My wife of 17 years (from Thailand) and myself grew up on the farms. We grew up worlds apart and "poor" but ate from the land and not a vending machine or injectected fodder. Although a bit older; we still kick a**.lol
    The punch line?
    Mud-pies ain't so bad....;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I eat bacon off my kitchen floor when I accidentally drop it. I feel that eating food with a tiny amount of dirt/germs every once and a while helps keep my immunity up whereas anyone who avoids it at all costs and then accidentally comes across it then gets sick when I don't. :D

Of course, it's mostly because it's bacon.

4. xpvista7ubuntu

xpvista7ubuntu MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2012
    @roirra,

:clap::clap::clap:

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Worthy topic, maybe - but not really the topic here...

6. tlij

tlij MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2012
    i think i have to start to care :D

7. Roguetomato

Roguetomato MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    Currently been eating out ALOT. Definitely cant wait to move this weekend so I can start eating healthy again.

8. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I imagine this bacon to be raw...?:smokecowboy:

9. daniel247

daniel247 MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2013
    I think it's very important to watch and to care about eating and food, because everything depends on what we put in our stomach..

10. ComponentsHub

ComponentsHub MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2013
    There is so much confusions created by the media, that things can get really out hand as far as what good and bad. When it comes to me I pay close attention to what I eat, but most importantly after countless trials and error I do understand what works for me to keep my weight and body composition on check. Do what works for you :biggrin:

11. ComponentsHub

ComponentsHub MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2013
    I think fruit, vegetables all play a significant role on health and body composition. If your current diet allows you to function at the highest level of energy and fitness and you rarely feel hungry or crave sweets that is a fairly good sign that you are eating food appropriate for your nutritional type.

However if you are struggling with health challenges and have rigidly adhered to a diet that severely limits or avoids animal protein, because you believe you should or you are choosing it for ethical reasons, then you should consider changing your diet to include some animal proteins. Your body is the most awesome instrument to make this assessment. Ultimately it is the best resource and far superior to anything you read on the Internet or in any published study.

12. nIxiIe

nIxiIe MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2013
    I care about my kids and ban them from junk food like KFC, MacDonalds etc some people think it cruel including my kids, occasionally I will allow them a treat but on the whole good balanced food is what they eat at the table. God knows what they buy going to school though

13. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I stay away from high-fructose corn syrup , aspartame, and Monosodium Glutamate. None of which are any good for you.
    IMHO, high fructose corn syrup is a major contributor to type 2 diabetes. In the body, Aspartame metabolizes into methyl alcohol, which is a poison.
    And MSG is a poison. I can't eat it because I'm sensitive to its' effects (Fatugue, heaviness in my chest)

I mostly eat chicken and fish, although I have a weakness for shellfish (Shrimp, crab, and lobster)
    I rarely fry meat (with the exception of breakfast. Bacon!) and I rarely eat red meat.

A trick to remove some of the fat from bacon. Take 2 or 3 slices of bacon, wrap them in a paper towel and microwave it for about 2 minutes.
    The towel absorbs most of the grease, and you can fry the bacon afterwards to make it crispy. :)

14. shawnilink

shawnilink MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2013
    i like one green tea without sugar and milk, it will be very good for human to avoid danger disease like cancer and some ofther infection in body.