Do you have a big windows problem? - Windows Easy Transfer!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Simpuhl, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    So recently I came across a tool called Windows Easy Transfer... its part of Windows 7. It can also be used for Windows XP and Vista, but it just needs to be downloaded...

It will copy all personal files and settings of the user... I tried it and it worked amazing...

I started to think, sometimes stuff happens where your searching every single website on how to fix something and you spend 4+ hours.. or somethings even a week trying to fix it... well I started using Windows Easy Transfer... I run it, copy files to USB and just re-install Windows... run Windows Easy Transfer again and everything is back to normal except its all fixed and beautiful again..

I have a side business of fixing computers and realized this is actually much faster then trying to solve "some" problems..

Just letting people know that if you run into a crazy issue that's taking for ever it might actually be easier to go this route.. especially if you use a tool like AIO-I and make your own ISO's that include all the Windows Updates already...

FYI: The only thing you would need to do is install any Applications again, but all personal stuff is backed up and restored exactly as it was previously. This includes desktop background and even the way the desktop icons where positioned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...