Do you have a serious disease?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Tiger-1, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Thanks Michaela Joy, im getting better everyday and that is so true - "Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift." :hug2::hug2:

2. mbpowner

mbpowner Guest

Sorry to hear about all this.

I don't have a"serious" disease as such, but rather a disability. I have dyspraxia, so if I seem quirky at times, I apologize. I just thought it would be good to let everyone know but idk if it was appropriate for me to here

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #24 Tiger-1, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    (OP)
    @Alphawaves oh my God! :( I don't see your post before because I and my wife sale our ranch (also for health issues of my wife) and temporary staying on house of my sister in another Protected Landscape next (+-40KM) important hospital here in São Paulo only now +- 3 days I return here so I stay sad to know but God see you all minutes of your life and sincerely I hope your fast recover because our need your company here I'm sure that you stay good for a least 100 years :)
    edit: my life ultimately is true caos! :( until search one new house or ranch for bought is very exaustive process and our don't yet have amount of money to bought...but anyway In God we trust so now in new location my ISP is very faster at least 5x more then I hope catch new customers and show my capacity working with PC's and Laptops (hardware/software) and sometimes working with big trucks also that help some $$$;I don't have fear of nothing in my life only hopeful and I'm sure that I win :v:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
  6. jeggg

jeggg MDL Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Stage 3 Melanoma , it hasn't restricted my job duties at work as AME regularly gives the thumbs up stating I have mentally (debatable) and physically met requirements when I renew physical.

None of my friends personally know of this, only my brother because I had to notify him as his risk of getting this was high because I have it, so notification was to make him aware and seek regular exams.

After reading this thread , I would really enjoy Tiger-1 being my neighbor , as I can sense he is a kind person. :)
    Godspeed to all

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @jeggg oh God I'm sad to know your issue dude but only trust on God so you stay good soon I hope sincerely and thanks for sweet words about me :hug2:

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :D@all yesterday finally I and my wife bought a new little house requires a lot of things for make/fix no problem I fix all, thanks my God for all :worthy::worthy:and my health is very good too :)

9. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #29 Nucleus, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Not so much a disease but I just (September 2016) had my left leg amputated below the knee, a side complication of type 2 diabetes (nueropathy). At the time they said if they didn't do it soon, then it was gonna be above the knee, so of course I opted for surgery straight away. I've been insulin dependant since 2007.

But after 4 months or so of physio therapy I'm now walking perfectly again, sometimes without a stick, but for now it is easier with a stick. Happy to say I've just carried on as normal, back enjoying long walks with the dog again. For my physio I used to attend a well renowned rehab centre, believe me, sit in the reception area there for five-ten minutes and you really appreciate how lucky you are, when you see folk of all ages much much worse off than yourself.

Best thing I ever had done, no more pain, no more anti-biotics, no more persistent infections blah blah. :)

@Alphawaves - Inspirational, well done to you. :)

10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Nucleus: Sorry to hear that you lost your leg. I had type II Diabetes myself. The brain tumor made me gain 83 pounds, and screwed up my endocrine system. My sugar was around 370 and at one point had spiked up to almost 400.
    The doctors wanted to put me on meds but I fought them tooth and nail. I lost almost 70 lbs and my sugar is about 140 now. If I eat a big meal, it goes up to 180.

For me, the killer was soda pop. I used to drink it all the time. High fructose corn syrup is a killer, and it's in everything we eat here in the USA.

I find that to be true just about everywhere i go. I just listen to the 'war stories' of others and it makes me realize how frail and vulnerable we all are.
    It also makes me appreciate my own life and puts things into perspective for me.

'ever forward. :)

11. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #31 Nucleus, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Found a conversion table. Whereas you measure your blood glucose in mg/dl, our meters measure in mmol. As you will know, your 140 is nice control MJ - well done. For me personally, I would class around about your 180 (10 mmol) as decent'ish control for me, although I have done much better, in fact last year I had a long period where I didn't go above 8 for weeks, although I have to be very strict with myself to do that, but then run the risk of horrible bloody hypos (blood glucose levels dropping very low) and if you're not the best at being hypo aware, a hypo can be a nasty experience, losing the plot altogether, behaving oddly, totally confused etc!!!

Good job MJ - keep it like that, well done. :)

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    To Nucleus Hi I stay a little sad in one hand for your disease and consequence, but in another hand I stay happy to see you now 100% and walking normal; several times I stay talking directly with God here inside the forest and remembering my Dad died in 2006 also with diabetes type 2 before he lost two foots after two legs so I have a lot of problems taking care with it I suffer a lot then I understand very good all related this damn disease still another good thing you have your mind stay clear as snow this is very important to avoid psycological issues as say MJ ever forward dude :)
    To adorable MJ you already know that I know your disease too but with you NO issues your are strong as one rock then also ever forward :)

13. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Thank you for the Conversion Table Nucleus interesting comparisons.
    I as in my previous post am a "brittle" type 1 diabetic.

You mentioned the symptoms for a hypo reaction, my most noticeable symptom is when I start to get tired as odd times, then I immediately check my BS mg/dl level.
    I use to get: seeing double & behaving oddly but now days its mostly sleepiness.

Last month 1 day I had BS levels @ 95, 70, 185 & a 36! (breakfast, lunch, dinner & bedtime), I showed my (GP) Dr. my results w/ highlighted lows & he told me to be very careful as during the warmer weather & season changes I will need to take lower doses, this happens every year around this time (I take 5 shots a day, sometimes 6 if high before bedtime).

In 2 weeks I see my Endocrinologist, I'm sure he will make adjustments.

My doctors like to see the A1C results of glucose testing best, its like a average over several months that tells how one is doing w/ their control.

*Stay well everyone & pay attention to what your body is saying.

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    To MrG I hope you stay good dude sincerely and take care this disease is terrible, my wife also have diabetes type 2

15. shaqant

shaqant MDL Novice

May 7, 2017
    neurofibrosarcoma, with slowly developing multi-drug resistance. Been fighting the illness bit over a year..

16. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi shaqant Welcome to MDL :welcome:well I stay sad to know your disease and after search I see that in most of cases appear as inherited disorder oh God independently of age but anyway I hope you have success in your treatment and as say our adorable member Michaela Joy ever forward dude have faith in God :)