Do you own the iphone product?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by juliae, Aug 16, 2012.

1. software182

software182 MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Nope, i'm still using my old nokia 260 classic,i think iPhone & others apple's product are overpriced :eek:

2. Aryan31

Aryan31 MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2014
    I am using iphone 5 and waiting for the iphone 6.

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    I dumped my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 some months back and got a Nokia Lumia 1020, currently running Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 and loving it. I got bored with how iOS looks and acts. Plus it gave me an excuse to build a SharePoint server and connect the built-in MS Office to it.

I keep around an old unactivated iPhone 5 with water damage and many scratches, simply for playing Hay Day which isn't available for Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Rosa Green

Rosa Green MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2014
    Can I have both of them?

5. l3uddz

l3uddz MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2014
    dont have a phone :eek:, currently have an iPad mini retina and looking to get a phone, most likely an Galaxy Note 4.. Although it may be the 5.5 inch iPhone depending on all the facts when they are announced, however I fully expect Samsung to trump Apple spec wise like every year lol.

6. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #46 CODYQX4, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

7. Yazz

Yazz MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2013
    #47 Yazz, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    I've been thinking about this same subject the last few months, I really want a the latest Galaxy Android phone but its so big - I would get the mini except the CPU is so much less powered, and they really need a lot more CPU power to keep up with the speed of a new iPhones, and the Not-Samsung's don't have me convinced their voice control would be near what I'm use to with Siri.

I think Cortana would be easy to use and cheap, like it might me nice to replace my moms old 2G AT&T Flip Phone with it. But which Windows phones have Cortana? and have they kept it off hardware that would keep its advertised usability from working?

For the moment I at least have an iPad mini w/Retina case I switch phone OS's any time.

P.S.
    As for that opinion, I think there are many smart phones that have the best of one feature or another, but I think iPhone has a distinct advantage of only having to write code for one hardware type, supporting so many platforms is making it hard for them the same way it use to have a big impact on Windows for Microsoft vs Apple who can take that extra time to speed optimize their API's because they're not slow, crashing, and coming up far to short just like Java does..

MS has the advantage of being easily affordable, near comparable, and most people are not quite, well, very tech savoy at all won't see much of a reason to splurge for the one that's a lot more expensive.

Being the person I am though, my iPhone and iPad's went unused like doorstops when they weren't Jailbroken...

(Ex-Gf's fault they ever got updated without an available JB; I wouldn't just to try a new firmware unless it was a Jailbreakable and probably not unless it was a Major Update Beta firmware and I knew I could downgrade).

8. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I love iPhone more than Samsung. But I still like samsung tho :)

9. Swervage

Swervage MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2014
    Using Moto G, as iphone is very costly over here.

10. shafiq786110

shafiq786110 MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2015
    Im an iPhone guy, i think ive gotten really used to the OS and ive been spoilt by it, despite noy liking the restrictions apple has on the device. also ive invested a lot of money in apple tv's and imacs and mac laptops ipads etc so i think for me moving to another device now would be quite a loss of functions in terms of media sharing around the house :p

11. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011
    I am an Iphone user but at this time if someone asks me to choose b/w iPhone 6/+ or Samsung Galaxy S6, I'll definitely go for S6 with custom ROM. :D

12. Zamber

Zamber MDL Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I have never had iphone but people say Samsung is better. What are you think of it? If you use both.

13. blueante

blueante MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2014
    just bought iPhone 6 last month. Besides, I have an iPad Mini and MacBookPro.
    I'm not an Apple fan, but I have admit that Apple's design and quality are really good.

14. Polyester

Polyester MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2014
    You should threw the samsung to the rubbish bin. Go ahead, do it now!
    :death:

15. momoaal

momoaal MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    No , i prefer Android / Samsung mobiles ! very user friendly , smooth design ... i like it .. :)

16. XinsaneX

XinsaneX MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2011
    I like some things about iPhones but I'm always choosing Samsung right now. I owned the iPhone 3 and the iPhone 4 as soon as they arrived to Argentina.

17. goral

goral MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    I have an iPhone 5S but currently it's just collecting dust. I'm now a happy Windows Phone (Lumia) user, but the 5S is still a good phone for the average joe.

18. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...