Do you pirate games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TKnuckles, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Mattitla

Mattitla MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    I don't pirate games anymore. I did download a lot of Xbox, Xbox360 and PC-games in 2000-2012. These days I will buy my games from Steam sales or GOG.

2. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Used to do it with games that comes with denuvo and games that felt overpriced on day one release. Pretty much like most pirates do.

Now days gaming feel stressing than actual comfort and joy, due to this i barely play games nowdays but watch full walkthrough or speedruns on youtube and twitch. Getting old some might say.

3. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    yes, because the last few years of pc games have been poor. i've skipped games and half finished games due them being crap.

just cause 4 - crap, didn't buy
    just caus3 3 - crap, didn't buy

far cry 2, 3, 4 etc - crap, didn't buy any after 3 (only purchased 2 & 3 wish i hadn't) didn't bother playing 4 to end, skipped bd, primal, 5 and will skip new dawn

battlefield hardline - crap, only tried campaign, didn't buy, saw mp on youtube, skipping bf v, bf1 sucked which i purchased for £5 mp was rubbish

never purchased any of the ac games as i thought they were overrated and basically the same gameplay in each game

didn't purchased metro 2033 / redux or last light, completed them though but because they had barely any ingame settings and no mods, i deemed them not worth buying
    i purchased metro exodus cheap but will not complete as i found out there isn't many maps and the endings are crap, also it's a buggy mess compared to the first two games....

downloaded many other games simply because they sucked to much after playing.

never, ever got a virus from downloading a game, paranoid much?

never experienced that at all, if a game is properly cracked then any weird protections are removed like drunk cam in gta iv.
    i purchased gta iv after trying the scene rls but wish i hadn't bothered as it was boring, not enough action for my liking.

4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #85 Muerto, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021

5. Giygas

Giygas MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2019
    That depends. Do games for discontinued retro consoles/systems count?

Then yes.

6. Cipher

Cipher MDL Member

May 31, 2008
    #88 Cipher, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Primarily I like the FitGirl REPACKS due to them being module by design in that you don't need to waste GBs downloading languages you don't need and they are normally fully updated and pre-patched. (similar to a unofficial equivalent of GOG).

One of my favourite games is Zelda Breath of the Wild which I played exclusively via CEMU. This is by far the most superior way of experiencing this game due to all the enhancements and modification packs that have been created for it.

It could be argued that piracy is the technical correction of legitimate short comings.
    But to answer the question, do I download pirated games? yes and I also buy games as well.

7. Jayhaerys

Jayhaerys MDL Novice

May 25, 2019
    I used play pirated games in my college days.
    Now i've a steam account purchased few games.

8. catsmoke

catsmoke MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2018
    If I have money, then I pay.

9. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i used to when i was young i dont game any more....but now days u can go to game stop rent them or trade real cheap they even have game consoles for people to try out the games.

10. minhchau2310

minhchau2310 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2016
    I''m pirating some game i like until they release all the DLC, except Grim Dawn, god, i love this game

11. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Without pirate we would buy every kind sh****t. There is games worth zero $. How much cost your time playing it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Blind_Faith

Blind_Faith MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2010
    Yes!

I still play games from the 90s and want to go on playing those and the ones I find interesting today. Most of the games I have were purchased later in their life, but I keep using the NOCD cracks. If I like a game I will buy a copy but I hate the idea of using Steam so I download an unSteamed version. This way I will the one who decides when my game is obsolete not the chain of distribution. Anybody remember Motor CITY Online, one of the first online only games,. When EA decided it was over everybody stopped playing.

BTW the use of cracked game seems to have protected me from the lost of "features" in recent Windows 10 updates.

I purchase games, but I play "fixed" games so I get the maximum for my money.

13. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Junior Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I pirate cuz I'm a pirate! :bananajoj2:

14. limestree01

limestree01 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2019
    I never! When you know how much work goes into developing a game you understand that the price is just that. Slipt with your friends and it will be cheaper

15. padz535

padz535 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2011
    back in the early days, I pirate them a lot!

Nowadays I'm earning my own money so I can spend to games that's worth paying.
    If you liked the game please support the developers by buying their game!
    Some publishers are a**holes, but please don't think of them think of the developers who worked for it.

It's okay to pirate if you wanted to test it out first for some time, but please don't encourage to spread piracy among other people, just keep it to yourself.

16. yozzcta

yozzcta MDL Junior Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Pirates are selfish arrrrr

17. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    I never pirate games :laie:

18. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I pirate freeware games :druff:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...