Do you pirate games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TKnuckles, Jan 7, 2018.

1. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    when i was young i did D\L from the warez i never pay for a single game also many of the games back then were easy to crack your buddy would buy it and then you crack it and copy it here in the US they were to expensive ;).....but it was tricky business when grabbing them of warez many of the games came booby trap with viruses and trojans

2. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Yes sometime i did:
    1. No money but if i have money i usuals witch to official version by purchasing it

2. That product have s**t:
    -premium cosmetic
    - unpleasant gaming experience
    (For this i will not switch to official i don't care since dev are is ignore player)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    if a game is good i buy it but i try it before i buy it if the game sucks i just delete it , programmer's and the producers of a good game deserve to get paid for good work !

4. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    zen45 My thoughts exactly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dean abie Pepler

Dean abie Pepler MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2023
    yes i've pirated Half-Life Dedicated Server with Counter-Strike 1.6 & Counter-Strike Condition Zero from HLDS Update Tool August 2012.

6. mudclaps

mudclaps MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2024
    #126 mudclaps, Apr 5, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    yes in minecraft
    - like to try before buy(when on sale usually)
    - hate games tht require ea/ubisoft clients running
    - screw ea

7. DavidinCT

DavidinCT MDL Addicted

May 9, 2015
    Depends.... I like playing on Consoles, like my series X, or PS5, normally I buy them. When a game is $70, I no longer buy from the store, I will shop around, wait 2 weeks after release and buy it used. If it's $60, I will buy it(from a store). I want to support the DEVs but, charging $70 is too much. I might as well pirate it because the devs do not get any money from me buying the USED console game. Be greedy and you get nothing and will like it.

Very old PC games, or retro console games, mostly pirated. Not paying Nintendo $10 a month to play NES or SNES games...most that I own physical.

Truth, piracy is too easy today. If I wanted a game for the PC, I could go on Steam and it's $60-70, and I could go on a XXXXXX.com site (not telling my private torrent site), and find a solid release and in about an hour, I could be playing the game for free. Most multi-player games, piracy is not an option so I buy them, ONLY if I must play (it needs to be really good).

Normally, if I pirate a game, I will play it for a little bit and I love it, I will buy it. I will admit, I would not buy it right away sometimes, I will wait till a really good sale comes up, or a used copy, and then I would buy it... Yes, I have picked up a game that I finished 3 years later.... but, I still did buy it...

So, it really depends....