Do you think a wall on the border with Mexico can stop the immigrants?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Katzenfreund, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Will the wall be effective against illegal immigrants?

1. Yes, the wall will be largely effective

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. It will only have a small effect not worth the cost

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. No, it will be a monumental failure

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    You are the one who claimed that those people are working, not I.
    Exactly why should I be the one to verify or discount your claim ?

That ain't happening.
    If you are unable to stand behind your remarks perhaps you should not be making them. :dunno:

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    And perhaps you shouldn't play dumb - I know you are not, so...???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yeah, one by one 'till he reaches zero... :D Then he'll be complying with the courts... :D

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-bro...first-month-in-office-5470f2c337e1#.rnni2a7q1

[h=1]Trump broke 64 promises in his first month in office[/h][h=2]He kept 7.[/h]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    @MJ..I wasn't offended , note the hugs at the end of my statement. I have nothing but love for you friend. I was just really surprised at what you said..no harm. Now let me tell you about the three fellows in a pizza hut who had to get some autistic education beat into them for making fun of my son's outbursts..good times :p

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @leebo_28: Thank you. That means a lot to me. :hug2:

I just started Ving Tsun training (I'm just starting with Siu Lim Tao 小念頭) If I was there, I'd probably be fighting along side of you.

And they'd look pretty silly having the crap beat out of 'em by a 60 year old woman. :D

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    There’s another general issue that has been striking me for some time, and is also to be discerned in discussions about Trump. And I stress that I am talking in general, including mass media, politicians, activists, debate participants etc.

At the drop of a hat, usually just because we disagree with someone’s one particular view or action, we tend to label him as a new Hitler. This hype has reached the point that the metaphor has lost its meaning, as it inevitably happens in repeated gross exaggerations. So it’s not just Trump and practically every elected leader in Latin America, but also several European top leaders or aspiring candidates, such as France’s Marine Le Pen, Holland’s Geert Wilders and German Chancellor Angela Merkel and her Ministers (in the eyes of Turkish leader Erdogan, who himself lays more justified claim to the “honor”).

I’m sure the real Hitler in his grave, after all he has done to establish a reputation for himself, must feel totally dismayed at how easy it is to be robbed of his uniqueness and superiority by countless run of the mill politicians!

8. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    This thread is now about everything except the wall. :pissy:

:big_boss: has spoken.

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :D i hate to remind you, dear chef, but bobsheep has spoken too..;)

10. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    We all know that the whole is made up of the sum of the parts. With that said, everything posted in this thread is one small part of the whole mess.
    They all play together. What we are looking at is the net result of all of these seemingly disconnected parts playing out simultaneously, and the effect it's having on the entire world, let alone the USA.

In the end, it all comes down to money. Who has it, who wants it.

11. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I expand on the above and add that for a dish to have non-trivial appeal, it must contain different ingredients, which blend together supplementing each other, so as to give it all-round perfection.
    Every chef knows that, except…CHEF-KOCH. [​IMG]

(Joking, no offense).

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @PointZero yep very good article, police on them!! :yes::sneaky:

13. meomeo031

meomeo031 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2017
    lol. shoddy workmanship :D. get a toyota. :D

14. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Spam-Bot reported.

15. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I've just heard in the news a case of alleged discrimination against Trump. Apparently, Obama already in his 1st term in office tried to stop immigration from Mexico by increasing border policing, and the bill was quickly passed by congress, by both Democrats and Republicans.

So are we seeing double standards in action?

Obama Signs Bill to Increase Militarization of US-Mexico Border
    https://www.democracynow.org/2010/8/19/obama_signs_600m_bill_to_increase

16. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @Katzenfreund: What we're seeing is a deadly combination of hypocracy, stupidity, and selective Alzheimers.

17. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I do not doubt that there is a bias against Trump, From the first day when Trump snubbed the media by not letting them share the traditional election dinner with them, to accusing the media openly by being biased towards the liberal left. That gives feed for the media bias even more than before, and then we have an angry liberal left in general that can not accept the fact that Hillary is not the POTUS

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Trump started it way before any such instances, together with many a conservative...

Mind, the left (as well as perceived left) who got the same ride, used the same language...

In the second instance, esp. with Bernie, it was simply vile propaganda of the media owners.

In the first instance, before he showed his cards (seriously pro-corporations/capital) it was pretty justified.

Now, media "bias" towards Trump simply is not there - they have so much guano on him they do not need to do anything but report facts.

And if somebody doesn't see it - condolences...