Do you think this schedule is correct?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Samlappy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Samlappy

Samlappy MDL Addicted

Mar 12, 2009
    Mary Jo Foley been in touch with Microsoft and they say that the Beta will be announced in September at BUILD and that will be the only beta, there will be a release candidate in Janurary 2012 and it will RTM in April.

2. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    I think of something like this

• September, private Beta release (MSDN/Technet and ofc on the event itself)... but before that we might see a early beta or leak of it.
    • Q4 2011, sometime after September Public Beta begins
    • Q2 2012, RC's
    • Q3 2012, RTM leak
    • Q4 2012, Official Release

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    I think that is too early talk about people satisfacted or not for Windows8.....

We really dunno which more features will be implemented in 8 RTM, till now let me say that is a seven, more faster and easy to use, with a new features embedded(Pdf, webcam, immersive ie.... asf...)
    We have seen the new immersive UI and new start(very useful for tablets) but for everyday computer non worth idea(i dunno like at all)

The last doubt will be the price... how much u will spend to have new features (u can freely add to 7 without paying?) and a new interface very useful and practical only for tablets?

I think that MS will show us far far more better gui, features and news to make everyone spend more money than 7(off course will cost more...)

Moreover now 8 is far better than 7, but i'll never pay a higher price of 7 to have features that today know and have....

So i'm partially agree with u Arcsn.... i dunno think 8 will be same Vista flop.....:confused:
    But only not worth of buying i think.....

just my opinion!:D