Do you use a Microsoft or Local account to login to Windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ian82, Feb 3, 2014.

?

Do you use a local or microsoft account to sign in to Windows 8.1?

1. Local

60.0%
  2. Microsoft

40.0%
  1. WPNettwerk

WPNettwerk MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    There isn't difference to using Windows 8 with Microsoft account or local account. Depence of what apps you will use. Im using metro apps and i like integration with system. But on login windows I have to enter 4-digits PIN number to access Windows 8.1 my profile.

2. geobot

geobot Guest

#22 geobot, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    you can use your MS account without requiring to enter your password on signin/logon
    run > netplwiz > uncheck "Users must enter username and password to use this computer"....

@topic i prefer to use MS account 'cause i want everything to be synchronized...

3. bodmas

bodmas MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    My laptop is installed with only one account that is mine so I use local account log in. It is my real PC (personal computer) :biggrin:

4. dabour

dabour MDL Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Few years back I bought a machine with pirated Windows 7 Ultimate OEM, MS found out and I got the famous sign

5. Pierre26

Pierre26 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2009
    Not possible if there is a Slic in your Bios.

6. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    As i bought my windows 8 when it was £24 i use MS account..couldn't care less if they wanna tell me off for it lol btw its 8.1 atm due to the update. i have no beef with MS on how windows 8 turned out as i quite liked it for the type of things i use pc for as well as tablets via remote tools, so its good for people like me.

As for local account i tried it once and never wanted to again coz i prefer being able to access my stuff and even have settings transfer anytime i needed to wipe pc and start fresh.

im one of those people who like to see the evolution of each windows 8 /8.1 builds :)

7. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    I was talking about running a leaked pre-release.:p

btw, sorry to hear about what happened to you, should have ask @daz for some advices to avoid that. :D

8. zupipo

zupipo MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    I prefer a local account because I greatly dislike an email address as an account name.

9. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Domain account for logging in. Microsoft account in the Store and in Xbox games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. hanni.mannimeter

hanni.mannimeter MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Microsoft Account cause I like the syncing feature a lot.

Sorry for the dumb question,
    but what sign would that be? :p

11. yoyofool2

yoyofool2 MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2014
    The only win8 system i have is my Dell Venue 8 pro and im using a local account on it. however once i upgrade to win8 pro i will be joining my home domain.