Does anyone know how to edit third party themes? I'd like to edit the Luna Aero XP...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Geno3883, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Geno3883

Geno3883 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2016
    theme. I have it installed/using it already but I'd like to modify the color of the taskbar/windows but keep the same XP "look". Whereas if I just changed the window color it wouldnt have the XP taskbar look/etc.

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Geno3883 simple dude, go to where you get it and search in there :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Nah, better to just use Windows Style Builder. It's a payed app but is the best there is for themes.
    Well worth the money and a recommended buy, if you can spend the time learning it.

Most theme resources are situated in the aero.msstyles file in the Windows\Resources\Themes folder and can be edited with the software.
    Some can be manually altered within the shellstyle.dll file, through altering the UIFILE text but requires some advanced knowledge in resource handling.

In any case you can find 'VSB guide' or 'guide to theme building' online to see 'how' VSB works and what it can do...