Does dell win7 upgrade assistant DVD have slic 2.1 bios?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thump107, Nov 5, 2009.

1. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    Yes, I actually believe that may be why Dell no longer uses their own bioses in the new models, lack of a method of not updating slic with the bios update... anyone say with an Inspiron 1545 cqn update their bios with an official update and recieve slic 2.1. As you have already stated, HP bioses work differently..

2. Kraschman

Kraschman MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2009
    Not necessarily.

We just got a Dell Studio 17 laptop shortly before Windows 7 launched and there was an updated bios on Dell's website that added SLIC 2.1 so no mod or loader from here was necessary. Just the cert and key plus Dell's own BIOS.

And yes the original BIOS on the machine was SLIC 2.0.

3. latinkreationz

latinkreationz MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2010
    I was just wondering if anyone has an iso image of the Upgrade Assistant DVD for Windows 7?

4. potpotjeng

potpotjeng MDL Novice

May 29, 2009
    #24 potpotjeng, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
    i got windows 7 home premium upgrade kit from dell and it comes in 2 dvd"s. dvd #1 contains the upgrade assistant with apps and drivers and dvd #2 is the windows 7 dvd upgrade program itself. The win 7 dvd has microsoft sticker with COA key.You just have to use the key and have the win 7 be activated online

5. latinkreationz

Jan 14, 2010
    Is it possible for you to upload an iso image of DVD #1, the upgrade assistant? I would love to have that. Thanks!

6. latinkreationz

Jan 14, 2010
    Still wondering if anyone has the Dell W7 upgrade kit, could you please upload an iso of the upgrade assistant DVD? Thanks in advance!

7. zoobidubi123

zoobidubi123 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    i installed the RTM ultimate edition, am i suppose to run the commands in the dos prompt? i tried that under “run as administrator” and got some error. Please clarify on what we are suppose to do, Thx. Also i am using a non branded pc, does it have to be a certain brand?

8. sangalaviral

sangalaviral MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Its size is 3.85GB and full of drivers and other softwares that dell provide....so if u still interested in dat iso msg me

9. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    There is not even ONE BIOS on the disk
    It comes with 2.45 Gb of drivers, 1.37 Gb of Apps

a single Win7_Upgrade.exe & the ini file that drives it

Also the install DVD of Win 7 (Upgrade Option from Vista Business to 7 Professional)
    is RTM OEM disk with NO SLP key (the COA is on the DVD cover & it is NOSLP OEM key)

sebus

Attached Files: