Does Windows 7 have the ability to reduce battery life?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anonymous_surfer, Jan 14, 2012.

1. anonymous_surfer

anonymous_surfer MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2012
    Hi, its just as the title says.

I say it because all three years, I used xp and vista and suddenly had to skip to win 7 due to a major problem. But 2 months after the install, my laptop suddenly showed, "Consider replacing your battery" error. Did anyone else experience this after installing windows 7? Is it something related the OS? Or is it just our battery problem? What did you do to avoid this? Did you ever solve the problem? Which OS is better so that our battery has long life?

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Answer is NO.
    Your battery is expired.

3. Death Runner II

Death Runner II MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2012
    Windows 7 came with many of Vista's features But is far better in every way compared to Vista including the battery monitor. Very similar to a APC battery utility it monitors battery performance over a given time frame, if it senses the battery is losing power too quickly it will give you an error that your battery is failing and recommends a replacement. It worst case Windows will warn you if A/C power is lost that the battery is critically low and will shut down. I have seen this on several laptop computers. Batteries for most machines are fairly cheap now if you look around online.

4. jet29

jet29 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2009
    If you dont need to move your laptop around, then why not run it off the a/c plugged in direct. Of course take out the battery and just run off a/c and it will run faster by setting it to performance in the settings.