Does windows 8.1 feel buggy as hell to everyone?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by magnus33, Oct 27, 2013.

1. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    The key here is somewhat repeated instances of adjectives usage towards people who grumble just a little bit about win 8 or win 8.1 or any other MS product. Perhaps you can refer your earlier posts. There is nothing emotional about that. What we write here is for everyone to see and refer.

For the record, I have been using MS since I started using PCs in the late-1980s. I like Win 8 which has been perfect for me. I also admire Bill Gates for his record in the industry but infinitely more for his money that is saving the lives of a lot of people around the world. To me that matters far more than the statement of his chief rival who claimed that it was all phoney and he did a better service by making great products. How does that matter to a sick person.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    That was just to reinforce my point that the customer is NOT always right. I'm still a M$ admirer, pirating stuff only when it's unreasonably expensive. All that we're trying to say here is that 8 is better than it's made out to be, and anyone who criticizes it openly at a level that annoys the hell out of others surely deserves to be called a moron. It's like saying the government is messed up. Yes, we know. But a person who does nothing but whine about it all day long, definitely deserves to be called a moron.

And like murphy said: A moron need not be a mentally affected person. Anyone with poor judgment could be informally referred to as a moron.

Wait, why is this discussion veering from the (alleged) bugginess of Windows 8 to an argument in linguistics and online etiquette? :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Admins: I think you can close this thread. OP mentioned that he had issues when he upgraded, which went away with a fresh install. Problem solved, do close the thread before it devolves into a totally unrelated fight.
    :closed:

4. speedbirdengineer

speedbirdengineer MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Well I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 activated it and then after a couple of updates didn't understand why the damn integrated webcam driver was replaced by the driver management facility, as a result of which it buggered up my webcam operation and all related softwares that used webcam. I read about on this forum about a certain KB patch (which I couldn't find) which was not officially released by MS-something about a different setup for webcams in 8.1. So why the hell in the first place didn't MS officially release that patch to sort things out? That's the reason why I freshly installed windows 8 back again till MS gets its sh*t together and comes up with something workable.

5. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
  6. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    I like Win 8.1 so far. It's smooth, fast, easy to use. Although I am experiencing one very annoying bug - live tiles, for example sports app, show wrong time (probably Redmonds time zone). Maybe someone know how to solve this problem?o_O

7. fedewt

fedewt MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Sometimes bug is not in Windows but in something else...
    In my past post spoke about a bug that hang pc when booting using "fast boot" option in win 8.1.
    The bug was in intel sata drivers, uninstall intel rapid drivers and problem is disappear. :D

8. Gerg

Gerg MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2013
    #88 Gerg, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    Hardly, maybe you should google what i say instead of just accusing me of pulling it out my ass.

Its an official reported issue and turning Cleartype to a different setting only moves the issue from app text to Os system text and still does nothing to improve image quality.

Even MS detailing about this during development said that in moving the desktop to fully hardware accelerated then it loses most image quality filters. Basically more essential stuff stripped out to make the Os even more suited for battery life/reduced feature phone/tablet Os vs real desktop Os.

The whole Os just feels rushed and cheap like the ad supported software it is.

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
  10. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    I stand corrected. Sincere apologies. I suggest you check this out before continuing the vitriol though.
    Capture.PNG

11. Gerg

Gerg MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2013
    Its just a shame those options dont really do anything for people having this issue and M$ seems to be covering their tracks as a few pages that had loads of info on ms forums have been deleted.

12. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Just wanted if windows 8 pro with wmc qualifies for a store upgrade to 8.1.

13. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Nope, no bugs here...everything is working as intended :)

14. ashish1989

ashish1989 MDL Senior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    my main problem is thumbnail cache is deleted automatically on every restart
    is there any sol 4 it ???

15. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Any Retail or OEM activated versions are eligible for the Windows Store upgrade download.
    If you activated with KMS or MAK, it will not show up.

16. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
  17. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    me too. I think this problem exist from windows XP.

18. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #100 acyuta, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013