Doing Fresh Reinstall; Making Sure I Don't Mess It Up

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MWisBest, Jun 1, 2013.

1. MWisBest

MWisBest MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Well I need to do a fresh reinstall of Windows 8 on a laptop. I've done Windows 7 reinstalls easily enough just using OEM:SLP keys, however Windows 8 is a whole new ballgame...

I want to do a complete reinstall of Windows 8, and keep the original activation and if possible also back up the Office 2013 activation while I'm at it. After I've done that, I'll need to know how I go about with reinstalling it (e.x. what key to use during installation, restoring the activation(s) after installation, that kinda stuff).

I just need to make sure I don't screw it up, so I figured I'd ask here. Thanks!

2. MWisBest

MWisBest MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    Alright, got what I needed regarding the Windows 8 stuff; still doesn't solve the issue of backing up my Office 2013 activation, however.

(Interesting how at less than 20 posts I can't even /quote/ links)

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's simply a Spammer/BOT protection!

For Office 2013 you could still use the MTK for to get re-activated!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MWisBest

MWisBest MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    #7 MWisBest, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    (OP)
    I have it activated with an actual key via the phone call process and whatnot, retail ProPlus edition. I'd prefer to not have a VL edition, and I believe that's what MTK is used on, right? If it comes down to that though, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I'm sorry I came across as complaining, I was just trying to get help for what else I was missing. I have Asperger's Syndrome, so I'm not always aware of things such as when I sound rude to others. I didn't mean to sound rude, and I appreciate you pointing it out to me because it helps me to be more aware of it in the future.

I have seen that program, the reason I had asked for advice on what I should do is because this isn't my computer I'm working on at the moment, so I wanted to double-check with you guys here to make sure I get this right the first time. You know, "Measure twice, cut once!" Thank you for your help. :)

EDIT: Speaking of being oblivious, I just noticed the Thanks button, LOL. I thanked everybody's posts, as they were all helpful. :)

I think I'm going to go with Advanced Tokens Manager for the Windows 8 and Office 2013 backup, however thanks for the link to this program as I've found some other uses for it that would be very helpful to me. Thanks! :D

6. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012

You're welcome. Glad it helped!

BTW, You DIDN'T sound rude at all. ;)

7. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    Just installed office 2013 pro plus with MTK 2.4.3 got all 400MB of updates and working all good
    Windows 8 pro and windows 7 professional, same way
    autokms' ez activator and done in one click
    no need for backup/restore and all that.
    MTK 2.4.3 or WS2012 based vmware server never fail
    have a good one!