Don't want to worry about WAT anymore.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by GRDaddy, Apr 26, 2010.

1. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    If you like to tweak the anitivirus software then you won't like MSE at all, because it has very few options. But I prefer antivirus softwares which don't get in my face all the time. MSE is like install-and-foget.

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    When it comes to free AVs, nothing beats Avira AntiVir.

You will find that in practically each and every halfways professionally done AV Test...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Like I said a custom made one which disables the activaiton however correction it will need to be run a little bit afterward so as windows update still works....

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    It's a miracle someone finally agrees with me about Avira free...lol

6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #26 Smorgan, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
    Yea free ani virus kinda blows cause it just doesn't work that well you have to pretty much swarm the viruses to death with them and that degrades the performance of your computer and Norton kinda sux with stuff in that regard...

i have no need to worry about such petty issues like WAT (IE 971033 KB) they are nothing to me...
    When I have worries about KB let me know cause I'm not worryin...

UPDATE: Details of WISH ALPHA 6 / BETA 1 removed

7. GRDaddy

GRDaddy MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    I'll uninstall MSE if necessary, but I do think it's a very good anti-virus program. Super low system resources are used and it's very non-obtrusive. I would prefer to keep it, but the only thing is if it knocks Windows out of genuine, then there's no point in keeping it. I don't know if there's a way to disable it from doing that or from blocking something at some point in their genuine checks, if they do indeed check.

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    This is completely off topic well not really but worth the pun...
    WAT's there to worry about...
    Ok I'm done now thats all i wanted to say..

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I use win 7 ultimate+daz loader. MSE has installed and run without a hitch every time. I do not know what is the problem with your system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. GRDaddy

GRDaddy MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    Well, it took about 4-5 months for the first computer to deactivate. The next one deactivated a month after that. These computers are also constantly running. Deactivation doesn't begin after an update. Deactivation begins after an actual full restart (computer is hibernated most of the time).

The only thing I can guess is MSE or Win7 phones home periodically. MSE worked GREAT for months on end. But it wasn't until an extended time period that I started to get deactivations and I don't know why.