Double Commander for Windows

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by pisthai, Mar 24, 2013.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!:wub::wub::wub:

I can't believe how awesome it is. It lacks only one thing, like in TC as well: the ability to return to root drive after I close it and open it later. I wish they could add this in it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah, is a really nice Apps and not overloaded!!

For the return to Root Drive, I use to have set an Hotkey to F12 for to go back to the drive root. That has to be done from the Configuration Menu -->Options -->Tools Maybe that will do it for you as well!!

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Nope, it doesn't work. There's another "problem": the <tabstop header> is not staying the size I want.
    As soon as I press apply it reverts back to default size.
    I'd like another "feature":the free space to be put dynamically in GB not bytes.

Otherwise, the program is great.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What we really could expect from Freeware? And, we're humans, we thinking and liking different!

Regarding the free space, I get the free space showing as G (not GB!!), look at the picture in the 1 post, that from my computer!! For the Tabstop Header, I'll take a look, will need a bit of time, it's Sunday evening and I've Family as well!!

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    OK, was check a bit.

If you're talking about the Folder Tabs, I could change the margin of characters and that works for me. Or did you talk about the size of the used fonts?

Also the display of the free space is shown as G (instead of GB).

7. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    #7 SOCRATE_MMXII, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    I want the size to be displayed just like yours, in G. Mine is showing in bytes. I tried limiting in FolderTabs to 5 characters, but no success.
    And I still don't know how to start in root drive C every time I open doublecommander. In TC I found the solution: in wincmd.ini you add Savepanels=1 and every time I open TC, it shows me drive C on both panels.

I like this software, especially 'cause it's free. Then I'll give TC up. ;)
    Can you attach here your doublecmd.xml file?

P.S. Thank you for your help.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #8 pisthai, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #9 pisthai, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  10. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Works great on Mac, now I only need to make it open .rar files...

11. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    @pisthai: thank you for the XML file. Now the size is displayed correctly in G. :kicking:

@sebus: the internal RAR doesn't work?

12. tigrr

tigrr MDL Novice

May 16, 2011
    Unfortunately, the program is not updated for a long time. The latest beta release 0.5.4 beta is already released ...2012.04.01 :confused:

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And that means it's not good??

Many of some not well known apps are developed by private persons like you and I! It's a question of time and cost because Freeware means that the developer didn't get any money for it but he also have to cover his cost's!

Don't be an "Horse Dealer" who'll look into the mouth of any horse he's buying! This apps is free, take it or leave it, it didn't cost's you anything. And if you use it, just say Thank You for to got it free.

14. tigrr

tigrr MDL Novice

May 16, 2011
    Against it does not talk back. However, if the program is not updated for a long time, it loses its position in terms of opportunities and development ...

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009