Download file with bad n slow internet connection???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ar_seven_am, May 7, 2010.

1. Raijen

Raijen MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2010
    ...and I was getting frustrated with my poor 350/kbs DL...:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Why are you using a server though dude? As long as you have a router you can connect up to 4 different computers at the same time using cords or like 50+ computers via wireless if your router is a wireless router. That might make your internet faster because it does not have to go though your old server. Just saying dude. I would try that. If worst comes to worst you will have to deal with it or get faster internet. Before I switched to cable internet my internet was downloading at a max of 128 KBPS and that really sux compared to what I get now lol. Really not that much more expensive believe it or not lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Simon3264

Simon3264 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    #23 Simon3264, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
    As i said, i'm on 56kbps, that's why i use a server with a modem (It's my only way to get shared net because none of ADSL, Cable, microwave reaches my home. i keep 56k because the 3G Internet has ridiculous prices/quota, same thing for satelite (even if 56k is so slow, i can download as i want without quota (i can reach 10 GB a month, satelite/3G offers 3 GB in best case (and 70$/month +)))). When i will see a wireless router with a RJ-11 plug, i will disconnect my server, or if a day, DSL comes at my house.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Oh s**t, my bad. I understand now. Anyway I would still try a download manager that allows you to pause downloads and resume them later to help with this issue dude.

5. Simon3264

Simon3264 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    Yes, i use Free Download Manager that allows me to manage my downloads, but sometimes, it fails because of the "download system" of certains sites (e.g. rapidshare, or some websites with s**tty policy that allows a download under certain conditions (e.g. they allow a download with a timestamp or whatever else to discourage the download resume...)). But for big downloads, i use utorrent when i can (i downloaded Windows 7 x86 + x64 with it, at 4-5 kb/sec, and did same thing with Office 2010 :p). ar_seven_am hadn't chance with "connection timeout" which can say that file was deleted, or server overload, but sometimes, some torrents have same file, exactly the same, so we can resume a failed download with a torrent by using the unfinished file.