[DOWNLOAD] MSDN server 2012, storage server & foundation

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by velocidad, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Mapster

Mapster MDL Novice

May 12, 2007
    Xin lỗi bạn! Free user đợi lượt download kế tiếp!
    Download blocked for this file ((

2. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    Maybe stop reading books and look at the real world. Right now there are sites I cannot reach from certain networks because some router inbetween lost knowledge how to reach that network and there's no second path.

I breathe TCP/IP, you don't need to school me. It's just that reality != books.

3. Xtreem

Xtreem MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2008
    They are a lot of ungrateful people here, no one else had provided the ISO so why bitch at the guy bothered to upload it because you don't like the file hoster he used?
    The main thing is free users can download without needing to pay for a premium account, you can even use a download manager to resume the download...

Yes its slow, however you have waited this long is a 12 hour download really that bad?

I left it downloading last night, it had finished this morning... happy times.

4. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    If you know how it "really works" you will also know that TCP provides only a weak checksum, so you can still end up with bad transfers. On usenet, repairing corrupt files with .par2 files is basically part of how it works. Torrents have piece hashing to reliably detect corrupt parts of files. File hosters... well, you hope you get the complete file in one download or you can start all over again. :rolleyes:

5. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #45 moderate, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    I've just looked on the account info on the hoster, it said:
    Already 24 people did completed download successfully from my post, average download time is 8:30...
    Also there was one download of user using some download manager, as he did successfully resumed the download at 38% and then finished it.

The problem of MDL is, that there are many novices considering themselves professionals. :)
    Of course, there is no problem to make torrent, but why to do that for those people, which even can't say "thanks" and instead present their poisoned talking even without knowledge. :D

Well I even don't remember, when I had my last bad transfer (file which completed and had different hash then), it will be year or so. But maybe if you have some "Zimbabwe provider" which overloads his line parameters, it can happen, sure.

6. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Good for you, but if you think that this is "the way the Internet works" you are wrong. Anything that cares about reliable transfers uses application-layer integrity checks, or external transfer verification (hashes, parity archives) for a reason.

7. omgbbqit

omgbbqit MDL Member

Aug 14, 2012
    "This site does not support resuming". Final nail, meet coffin.

8. omgbbqit

omgbbqit MDL Member

Aug 14, 2012
    If someone would be so good as to torrent or otherwise reliably make storage/foundation available, I would be extremely grateful.

9. bigretard21

bigretard21 MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    Moderate - when trying to load the ISO from your 3rd link (SHA1: D09E752B1EE480BC7E93DFA7D5C3A9B8AAC477BA) I get a response that Windows cannot read <ProductKey> setting from unattend answer file. Other than that it looks like it will work.

Do you have an answer file that your were using for this ISO or do I need to create my own?

Thankyou.

10. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    #52 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    There is a torrent already if you look up a few posts...

hint: Udit247's post. #29

I'll help to seed it with him for a few days.

I was reading this thread and decided to download it just to pitch in /help to stay with the mdl flavor of sharing.

Without having to jump through hoops except that it is a magnet type torrent /file.

Noobs to this is your required i think if mem serves me that you must have torrent client loaded
    that supports magnets.

The payload not really any use to me personally. So those having issues switch over to the other source.

Hello peeps, I'm currently seeding on medium-speed seedbox for the last 2-3 hours from the Hidden Link torrent (public) and will continue until the peer count is down ... atm 10 peers connected.

High'st speed per.peer looks.to.be.between 800 KB/s to a lil over 1gb depends where snatching it from.

regards, :bye1: :shisha:

seeding stopped 7:30 PM PST fyi heads up ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
  12. bigretard21

bigretard21 MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks for both responses. Both are correct, although instead of a virtual machine I was doing a clean install on a test machine from USB, using RMPrep Firadisk which does create a WINPE environment (very handy for having multiple ISO's on a USB). The older environment version I had on my usb needed to be updated, and once I did, the install went off without issue and I'm up and running. Thanks.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    When you create a new virtual machine in VMWare and select the iso it detects what it is say windows 7 for example and it will use easy install and use unattend.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\Resources
    you need to select I will install operating system later.

14. JeepWillys58

JeepWillys58 MDL Addicted

Nov 6, 2010
    #57 JeepWillys58, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. zengan

zengan MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    Hi guys, anyone knows links or places to download Windows Server 2012 italian version? Thanks.

16. delacrj

delacrj MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    can you pm pls

17. delacrj

delacrj MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Sorry. I mean link to your DropBox