[Download:] Windows v8-x and 2012 Rx Server Customized Pack

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by moderate, Aug 13, 2012.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #41 moderate, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    (OP)
    I am doing some "research" (nice term, hehe) :D how to fully enable Aero at RTM:
    by tranferring files: UXInit.dll, uxlib.dll, uxlibres.dll, uxtheme.dll, themecpl.dll, themeservice.dll, themeui.dll (both x32 and x64, so 2x) :) from RP to RTM

...and you are completely right, the 8 version is terrible disaster for entire Windows world, but we have to survive with it somehow...
    ...we can't install OSX now :/
    ...ReFS support will be added to W8 in SP1 by MS by adding those 3 files (sys, dll), which were removed from it in the 7958 build), so it will work quite stable

...there are many problems with themes in RTM, i.e. desktop mode colors DON'T correspond with Metro mode and there are no related bindings between the modes.

2. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #42 moderate, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    (OP)
    Athough MS is quite right, that this (All Programs List):
    menu1.jpg
    ...is the terrible mess, but it didn't solved it with Metro :)

For example I sort programs into groups and sub-groups (by extending Quick Launch with TrueLaunchBar or FreeLaunchBar) and it quite works for me:
    menu2.jpg

3. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    not enough, the DWM.exe is missing, and nobody knows except Microsoft which dll are related with it, and how integrated with actual system to get it work....
    means modify them and others with right code.....

:wallbash::wallbash:

second point, will new updated drivers for windows 8 still support Aero??

Not walk in the park, not worth of bashing through...

Why noone figures out how to port hybrid boot onto Windows 7, which seem related to a hybernation file already used in Windows 7 for hybernation?

It will be a disater for M$, who cares??

4. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    It is same with Internet Explorer 10...
    ...when you look in task manager, it reports itself as 64-bit app, so you install Sun Java x64 and discover, that it doesn't work...
    ...after some research you will find that integrated Flash is x32, so you will install Java x32 and it will work then.

...so that application is some strange x64/x32 hybrid and nobody knows, how exactly it works (it needs both ProgramFiles(x64)\IE and ProgramFiles(x32)\IE dirs to be present)...

5. joakim

joakim MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2009
    Good to see that the ReFS hack finally made its way to MDL :) ; hxxp://reboot.pro/15466/#entry152971 (damn it, I am not allowed to post links)

I also made a good attempt at patching support for removable storage (which I think I was close to). Anyways, those experimental users here, may find some of my notes interesting, by following the above link. Have not done any research on this since last time i April though..

6. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Unfortunatelly, that solutions were incomplete, because they forgot x32 DLL in SysWOW64 directory, so x32 apps had problems with ReFS.
    BTW: Did you succeed to enable Protogon in Developer Preview x8102?

7. joakim

joakim MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2009
    Only halfway, as you can read in that thread. That build where broken on other parts too, so forget about that one. For instance the Xpress Huff compression was broken in that build too, I remember And likely a bunch of more stuff.

8. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Do you also like this beautiful fish, as I do?
    I am just thinking about the mod, which will bring it to my desktop. :)

fish.jpg

9. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
  10. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
  11. vlad2989

vlad2989 MDL Novice

May 4, 2011
    Waiting for the Exploere.exe from 79XX Build with normal start menu, hope its going to be a separate mod, i only want the menu.. :)

12. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #52 moderate, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    (OP)
    OK, you have to wait, as it is quite challenge to do that wrapper dll :)

final.jpg

13. freshX

freshX MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    I'm waiting for it too:biggrin:

14. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    now, I am working on another nice nonsense, extracting Windows 2 Go from Enterprise to Pro :))

15. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #57 moderate, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    (OP)
    you and other no-brainers are in the wrong thread, as this one isn't about legacy explorer in W8, this topic is mainly about ReFS, so try to read the title next time... :D
    (it's 3rd post of yours and it also proved stupid) :)

16. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    if you will want to use it on Windows 7 x64, let me know, I'll send you special pack for testing. :)

17. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011

You have 3 post and what? have you done something from MDL?
    Before pointing at people, if you do not know what are you saying, better to shut up!

I explain to you dude:
    First he patched the 7989 explorer.exe to port it on rtm, it will be easy and less buggyer(no proof but he seems more skilled and active than you, so...)
    Second he patched the 3 dll's to install third party themes(in the above post he provided the files....so...)
    Thirdhe install a windows theme with squared corners on start menu

The transparency on the window caption and borders is called full DWM, which is been removed to have a DWM with no aero:confused:

If before posting nonsense, you read well the forum, you discover that noone is able to do, except some Microsoft employer(one japanese is working on it)

Porting DWM.exe with build that have Aero enabled to RTM, means know so well the code to relate all dll to it, i dunno think noone here is able to manage this, i remember just Naiveuser can be one of them, but seems no more active on the forum:(

Moderate is doing something for MDL
    Tihiy is doing enormous job

Maybe you two guys can cooperate :D:worthy:

18. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #60 moderate, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    (OP)
    I ask myself, if you are really that stupid, but it seems, that you really are:
    1. UltraUXThemePatcher will never patch x32 files in x64 OS (in SysWOW64 directory), it seems you never runned it.
    2. High contrast issue isn't really usable, as there are major graphic artefacts, when you move the window, only fools like you use it in your (static) screenshots
    3. I didn't used high contrast trash, it is clearly visible, that CMD window doesn't have it...

Rather spit from your stupid head elsewhere

BTW: I've to ask the admins, if it is possible to kick these no-brainers from the forum, as they aren't useful for anybody and even their performance is pathetic :)
    I liked the flaming discussion, however it requires some intelligence from these newcommers, while these guys just put ACE :D in their nick, enter the forum and even their 1st post is so stupid, that I thought I've found missing link between monkey and human in this ACEmonkey-man:D

:D