Downloaded a pre-activated Ultimate edition (labeled August 2013), alot of problems.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Geno3883, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Geno3883

Geno3883 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2016
    So far so good on my 3rd (and hopefully FINAL) reinstall of Windows. Im doing the updates via what was suggested. It restarted and is installing the 2nd batch of 80 updates, althought my windows explorer/desktop is black for some reason like it didnt load right, but im going to let this finish and see what happens.

2. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    After The Simplx Pack finishes and You run WUS it should find fairly up to date Video and Audio etc. drivers. You could try running a Driver Finder program like IObit but take the results at face value. For the Important drivers like CPU, Chipset, Video and Audio it's always best to check the Manufacturers Site

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Geno3883

Geno3883 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2016
    After I run WUS?

I'm going by a post on the first page. I already activated Windows using DAZ, I installed almost all of the drivers for my MoBo, now I'm running Simplix. This is the first I'm hearing of this WUS. The video/etc was working fine. But when it's restarted to install these updates Simplix is downloading/installing, windows explorer/the desktop is black. I see the UpdatePack window, and I can bring up the task manager using Ctrl/alt/delete but I can't see anything else. Thats why I am hoping once this is done with the update deal it'll go back to normal.

4. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Windows Update. Open Control Panel, System and Security, Then check for updates. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Geno3883

Geno3883 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2016
    #25 Geno3883, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    (OP)
    oh wow, duh >_<.

Im just hoping this didnt mess something up/windows explorer/etc will show my desktop again after these updates finish from simplix

Edit: So far so good, installing from WUS atm. Hopefully they all go through for the most part. Last time I had a ton that failed.

Edit #2: Everythings good to go minus one "important" security update. Otherwise, you guys rock!

6. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    first of all, ALL you can do is disable Windows DEFENDER Service.. then Disable UAC and also turn off System protections. then go use DAZ loader and reboot it and double check everything.. You can use Simplix Update kits or download WUS and works fine for me, I had done hundred pc! no problems...

7. Geno3883

Geno3883 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2016
    Everythings good to go, only minor issue, is one update is failing to install:

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    I was hoping You'd post that you got it working b4 My bedtime :) I'm not the one for help with the update though :(

Enjoy your New Rig :clap:

9. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #29 PhaseDoubt, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    I forget the exact wording, but within the admin section of Windows Defender you can choose to not use the program. You do so by deselection “Use this program” or some such wording. This deselection effectively prevents WD from running.