Driver bug.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Insanegamer1996, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Insanegamer1996

Insanegamer1996 MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Why is there part of my chipset drivers that claim there is no driver installed even tho there is a driver installed? I just found out by checking general tab in each chipset driver. For example: A143 (this device is working properly), A114 (this device is working properly), A121 (there are no drivers for this device), A123 (there is no driver for this device), A131 (there is no driver for this device), 1911 (there is no driver for this device).

Is this visual bug or something is broken even tho when checking driver tab it is there ?

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    The biggest mistake is that no one understands anything if they only read some A123, A143, and so on.
    First, specify what these strange codes mean, which computer and which version it is, and which driver has the problem. You can also add a screenshot of your Device Manger's yellow-marked devices.
    Some of them may be not available if You uses search, but they are available on computer producer site. Some devices may be preinstalled to some computers, but after clean install it may lost and You need to reinstall it manually etc.
    On some computers really works most of generic drivers, but some need their own drivers made by this device producer or by the used computer producer.
    So, if You need help, give more correct info.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Insanegamer1996

Oct 22, 2019
    Photo uploaded. Just 2 chipset drivers report proper work. Rest says there is no driver installed even tho there is driver.

Attached Files:

4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    If there are no errors (yellow or red), this is mostly normal. Not every device actually requires a driver to function. Especially system devices are often controlled by the BIOS or UEFI firmware.

The Intel devices you mention in the picture are only sub-devices or sub-features of the main Intel one. As long as the main Intel device (the graphics card) has the proper driver installed, the sub-devices just use that same driver (or don't require any).

As a rule of thumb: If a device does not request a driver it will work as-is. Missing drivers are clearly requested or installed automatically.

5. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    No error your computer works correctly

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Insanegamer1996

Oct 22, 2019
    There is no errors but a visual bug that should not be there. Either device is working and have driver or not. There should not be situation where device is working but reports that is has no driver.

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    • Please show us where you have this problem.
    • Nothing else can be said until have seen it.
    • Personally, I have never seen such a situation.
    • Also show us the message you see. Put a picture of it here.

8. Insanegamer1996

Oct 22, 2019
    Its literally 3 posts above and hanging there for 2 days.

9. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I can't find any problems there, nor are there any error messages - at least I can't find. Maybe I'm blind.
    I hope those people help who have better eyesight.
    Or are you just bored and want someone to talk to you something?

10. Insanegamer1996

Oct 22, 2019
    You must be kidding. The window shows the state of device. Even tho the drivers are installed only 2/6 report proper work which is "This device works properly" which in polish means "to urzedzenie dziala poprawnie" and 4/6 report "there is no driver installed for this device" in polish "brak zainstalowanych sterownikow dla tego urzadzenia" even tho there are drivers.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    This f is trying to bring attention. Just that. He's a internet troll.

:tooth:

12. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    how about posting a bigger clearer pic and one thats in english:rolleyes:

13. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013