Drivers for Win 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jetjock, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #41 Joe C, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    I asked because that board does not have a Creative audio device. And that board does not have a wireless device, it uses a Realtek ALC892 audio device and an Intel I218V LAN on the Z97 A board. Open you case and see if your using add-on pci-e cards... Particularly a Creative sound card and or Realtek wireless card or possibly a usb wireless

Please answer my question, Do you have a custom pc or an off the shelf pc
    And Do you have a Realtek wireless USB device in the USB port?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jeggg

jeggg MDL Member

Dec 30, 2016
    @jetjock

I find it hard to understand why asus support cd , provided by asus , does not load all drivers specific to the MB they sell to the public.

I gave you a detailed step by step on how to load drivers in device manager for the 'other' / 'unknown' devices, flagged with yellow in dev. mgr.

Also gave you a link to asus for drivers and you still are unable to have a clean install.

My questions if you would please answer , has this PC ever had windows 7 installed and running , and have you personally ever done a clean install win 7 ?

That i7 installed on MB is what Mfr Part# /generation as it might not support win7 ?

Call the local shop and ask the tech why drivers aren't loading and how he/she was able to load them might be of great help.
    good luck!

3. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Please see my detailed post from yesterday for answer to first.

After just now looking at that post, and seeing (WDM) at the end of the driver string, I am wondering if Windows may be finding something on my WD back-up drive that it thinks needs a driver. There are no Creative sound cards in the machine. The only USB plugins I have are the Trendnet and WD MyBook, external back-up drive which I installed drivers for yesterday, and a Logitech Wireless mouse. And, as I said yesterday, the only thing left is the Creative driver that I think I will just ignore since everything is working fine!

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I really want to thank everyone who has posted to this thread for all the help. I have learned a lot just trying the various suggestions. With that, I would like to close this thread. Thanks again to all!

jetjock :plane:

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Glad to see you figured it out

6. ypvs

ypvs MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2013
    I normally use CPU-Z to find the details for the CPU, MB, BIOS, memory and graphics card

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Asus Mobo support site has all needed drivers for all onboard hardware

8. ypvs

ypvs MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2013
    As I said, handy for identifying the exact revision of MB and BIOS so you can download the correct files