DS lite recommended chip ??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sadsack, Mar 4, 2011.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi all,

Just wondering what would be a good chip to purchase for a ds lite,

Ive read elsewhere that the CycloDS, Supercard, Edge, Acekard, R4, M3, TT are all good cards, starting with the cycloDS and moving down to the TT,

Has any one got a preference that would be easy to use for a youngster, and also a reputable place to purchase as it seems I can only deal with HK now.

I've also heard that anything to do with the R4 is pretty much sunk in the water as they haven't made any chips now for 18 months or more, and that most of the R4/R4i's that are available are mostly fakes, and pretty bad ones at that.

So any recommendations chaps...

Please feel free to give points wether good or bad....

ttfn

sadsack

p.s. dont know if it matters but i believe the firmware is rev5 as it closes to magenta, hope that makes sense to some peeps, as I ain't got a clue how to find out the proper way to find firmware revision, and only followed a utube vid.

2. insanedude63

insanedude63 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    #2 insanedude63, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    I do believe the Acekard 2i is the best chip on the market atm.

Firmware does not matter as long as it is a DS Lite. Any of the aforementioned cards will work on all DS Lites.
    I believe the firmware thing was used for compatibility with Slot-2 (GBA Slot) cards which are all pretty much outmoded now.

As for a good site to purchase one from try the manufacturer website. They generally have a list of suppliers.
    Acekard homepage
    acekard.com/distributors.php
    See how the page says Asia, Europe, Australia, North American as you scroll down?

3. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Thanks for the info insanedude63,

I Managed to get an acekard from my local comp fair, reasonable price inc an 8gb card, and he tested it for me as well.

but thanks for the reply mate.... it was apprecaited.

ttfn

sadsack

4. SoulSnatcher

SoulSnatcher MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2011
    Actually, the Supercard DSTWO is the best flashcard (chip) for the Nintendo DS Lite.

It has a number of great features including the ability to emulate GBA games. The Acekard 2i isn't a bad choice, though.

5. insanedude63

insanedude63 MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    #5 insanedude63, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    Well thanks for the correction!

Honestly, I'm still rockin' my original R4 from 2007 so I don't really keep up with this stuff.
    Just have to update to the latest WoodR4 menu from time to time to keep up with the games that come out.

As for GBA I still have my old supercard lite and wasn't even aware that they were making Slot-1 chips that could emulate the GBA.