Dual boot windows 7 and 8

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lordmetro, May 21, 2014.

1. Lordmetro

Lordmetro MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2013
    Hello!
    I'm dual booting windows 7 and 8 and it appears that my windows 8 install is activated (kms) but my windows 7 install states "3 days until automatic registration" - windows 7 is activated via windows loader by daz. Is my computer going to show non-genuine software messages every once in a while whilst in windows 7 after 3 days? Should I re-run windows loader - or will it break my windows 8 activation??

2. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    #2 ismethere, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    If you re-run again Daz loader..recommended DAZ 2.2.2, I don't think so it will break your activation of windows 8...
    Daz loader will activate / read your Windows 7 not for Windows 8, you can try it..:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lordmetro

Lordmetro MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2013
    Thanks :D - I reran daz loader. Now I can enjoy windows 8 and keep windows 7 for my uncompatible drivers:worthy::worthy:

By the way, I dual booted with 2 seperate hard drives; but should be the same if it was partitioned.

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    The Win 8 Setup did overwrite the boot loader :g:. Same happens when a StartUp Repair is performed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lordmetro

Lordmetro MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2013
    #5 Lordmetro, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    (OP)
    Yeah it did :)

I can prove it with a following theory I did a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes:

Before when running windows 8 - the boot manager of windows 7 did not let me boot into my windows-to-go usb drive which I had set up to boot via the X drive using easyBCD. However, now it does work this might be because I had installed windows 8.1... This shows that it did overwrite the bootloader with a compatible one for windows-to-go.