Dual booting Win 8 RTM removes W 7 activation.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ddinc, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    #21 Padpadak, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    I had the same problem but fixed the dual boot
    Go in windows 8 to power options and check on the rightside "How do you want to act power on /off button and choose for swithoff instead of sleep.
    After I dd this can go in both systems with easyBCD.

The cause Is that win 8 standard goes in "sleepmode" instead to swith off completely, that is the reason that after swith off you will boot Win 8, instead your dual boot screen

Hope this will help for you ;)

2. tabari

tabari MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2012
    @Padpadak

Thanks for your reply.

Actually my problem isn't not being able to see the dual boot screen. When I restart W8 I can see it and make a choice.
    The problem is that W8 doesn't boot without auto-repair and this removes the W7 activation.

Anyway since yesterday the auto-repair of W8 is failing for some reason. firstly I have to figure that out...

3. dafmat71

dafmat71 MDL Junior Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Hi, i have another problem but little similar:
    I installed Win8, to have Win7 and 8 on a dualboot, but after the installation, when i go to the dualbootmenu and tried to boot on Win7: a recovery tool started and fails to recover my win7 boot, so it's impossible for me to boot on win7!!
    Of course i use the Loader 2.7.1 on win7!!
    Now i recover my win7 partition with Acronis TIH and delete Win8, so im back in the past with only Win7!!
    A solution, idea? THX