Dual VGA Monitors VGA and HDMI not working together on INTEL board

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by lostpassword, Jul 28, 2015.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I hope this might be of use to someone. Recently I purchased a Lenovo TS 140 server at a price I could not resist. It came with 1 VGA port and 2 display ports. I did not have a spare HDMI monitor so purchased a HDMI to VGA adapter for about £6 from Malaysia. I connected up the second VGA monitor and it worked perfectly, but the existing VGA to VGA monitor went blank. On disconnecting the HDMI connection the VGA connection worked again, proving nothing wrong with cabling or monitors.

Not much joy reading the LENOVO forum for help. After a lot of Googling this problem it seems that there is a problem with the Intel onboard adapter and the INTEL site has a provisional fix for Windows 8.1. I downloaded and installed from INTEL site and both monitors worked together instantly and Windows now detected the second monitor correctly. This might apply to Windows 10, but I have not tried it. There are 32 bit and 64 bit versions, I use 32 bit. I used the version 4 on the Intel Downloads site links - communities.intel.com/thread/75262 Not sure if links allowed - just add https:// in front of communities (no spaces). This worked for me.