During the Windows 7 SP1 installian i get 0x800f0a12 error (After system check)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nyihah, Jan 19, 2011.

1. nyihah

nyihah MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2011
    What is this error code, and how to fix it?

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with Daz's loader

0x800f0a12

(Sorry for my English)

2. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I have encounter this problem with SP1 x86 on my 32bit Windows.
    sfc /scannow detected corrupted files but is unable to repair it.:mad:
    Finally, what I did was to "Upgrade" my Windows 7 Ultimate using the DVD.
    It took 2 hours for Windows to repair/ write new system files and transfer all my previous setting and programs back.
    It reboot a couple of times and finally after two hours, everything is done.
    Then, I did a Windows Updates.
    With about 60+ updates, it took another hour.
    Finally, installed SP1 x86, which took another hour but installed without problem.
    In total.....more than 4 hours spend because of SP1,:eek:
    In between install, realize that .Net framework was corrupted. (this could be the reason why it was unable to installed in the first place.)
    But worth it.
    Hope this can be of use to you.

3. subpsyke

subpsyke MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    The next time, you can probably skip the installation of all those pre-SP1 updates. As far as I know, just one update is necessary (KB972902), and it gets installed automatically by the service pack.

In your case, though, an even smarter choice would have been to create a slipstreamed SP1 DVD (via RT7Lite or the manual tutorial here on the forum), and perform the in-place upgrade with that.

4. levomac

levomac MDL Novice

May 1, 2010
    Doesn't the SP1 include all the updates,why update and apply SP1,it should install fine on a fresh install without any previous updating?!!!

Aren't even the preparatory updates included in it??

The above error occurs if there's a problem with the bootloader/manager(at least that's what I figured out).

5. nekomata

nekomata MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2011
    your system must be a mess... I would reinstall everything and then the first program would be the SP1

6. KotaXor

Aug 3, 2009
    Nah...most of the updates I selected is for drivers and Office 2007.

@ nekomata
    Re-install everything would take an even longer time, as I have almost 100 program which need to be re-installed.
    Using the "Upgrade" method, all existing programs, settings remain intact.

7. subpsyke

subpsyke MDL Junior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I don't imagine that Office 2007 has more than 60 updates, and SP1 also contains updated driver files. The advice still stands.

8. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Thats why it makes sense to image your install, immediately after you've installed all drivers and apps and tweaked. Use Macrium reflect or acronis or even the windows backup restore. That way if your system feels like a mess, just restore from the image and you're up and running in a jiffy, exactly where you left off.

9. KotaXor

Aug 3, 2009
    You are right.
    But since there are about 25+ updates for Office including SP1 and SP2(Office), might as well updates everything.:p