Dynamic Windows 11 Setup TPM Bypass

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by AveYo, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm using FixKit 2.1 with some additions (like @AveYo's patching of Winsetup.dll), not 2.2, as I got problems with ProductType=Server (like Setup complaining that certain devices have drivers not working for Server, then rage-quitting because it thinks it is Server). The version 2.1 includes UFWS 1.3, and it has always worked. i see no reason to change that.

2. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Is it just me or did you close your GitHub page?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    what did you do now :roll1:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #264 Enthousiast, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    That's the one in my fix kit, but working on ISO and handles install.wim or install.esd.

After using this, windows installation/upgrade is as usual (only shows server at upgrades) and passes all checks:)

5. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I just wanted to report that "Quick_11_iso_esd_wim_TPM_toggle.bat" is working with 22622.436. I was upgrading an old computer for a friend, a Compaq Elite 8000 SFF with an Intel Core2Duo E8500 cpu. I could not get this thing to boot from a flash drive. The F9 key would get me to "boot prompt menu", which showed "USB Device" as a choice, but it would not boot from a flash drive. And yes, I tried different options in Rufus, no go. I finally gave up and dropped back to using a DVD. Up until now, I have been using Rufus to bypass installation checks for Windows 11, but here I needed something different. So I tried "Quick_11_iso_esd_wim_TPM_toggle.bat" and it worked, no sweat.

I also added an autounattend.xml file, which I normally use, but that was actually a little more trouble. With a flash drive, you can just copy the xml file after you write the flash drive with Rufus or whatever. Using a DVD, I had to first modify the ISO before writing to blank media. And modifying the ISO to add one small file required that Ultraiso rewrite a new copy of the 4 gig ISO file on my hard drive.

Reminds me once again of why flash drives have made optical drives obsolete.

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Disable the "Recompile ISO when Saving Directly" option in UltraISO. Faster that way.

7. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for that, I wasn't aware that option existed. Looking around in UltraISO, it seems it can call ImgBrun directly to write an image to CD/DVD.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  9. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #269 Dark Dinosaur, Jul 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I learned about it years ago fiddling with settings and tired watching UltraISO waste my time and hard drive.

11. Rickar

Rickar MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2015
    Hi guys, I installed W11 Pro on a VMWare 16 and it works like a pro.

It's incredible magic...More than that, it's hours and hours of peeling AveYo's eyelashes!!!! Thank you thank you thank you GENIUS!!!!

For a real PC install, can I create a bootable ISO with Rufus from the ISO compiled via MediaCreationTool.bat?
    I mean: W11 will be installed with the bypass included (this is assumed by me, I don't know that's why I ask) inside the ISO or priory should I run the bypass manually? Could you clarify the steps of this type of installation with MediaCreationTool.bat?
    Or, best is running Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd v9+ and after the ISO created with original Windows?

12. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    The ISO is gonna have the bypass for everything included. Rufus is gonna detect that and go with it.
    You can also directly create a USB stick from the script (it's gonna be dual uefi/bios by default - something Rufus does not do by default, needing a cheat code to activate).
    And yes, you can leave the original media intact, and use the dynamic bypass for upgrades (or the quick_ thingy to make the media bypass clean install too, in a reversible manner).
    I don't know what's best for you. When in doubt, the more choices, the better? So an iso with everything bypassed. Maybe you need it, maybe you don't, it won't hurt either way.

13. Rickar

Rickar MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2015
    Thanks bro!!!

14. Rickar

Rickar MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2015
    Oops...
    What did I do wrong??
    On a first computer in VMW 16 I installed clean with MediaCreation.bat and everything was perfect (as I posted). WU updated everything with no complaints.
    On second computer I ran MediaCreation.bat as Autoupgrade with no problems. WU was also executed without problems.
    On a third computer I ran MediaCreation.bat, also as Autoupgrade. But WU, after several updates without problems, when he goes to install Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22622.450 (ni_release), WU notices this:

"This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11.... bla bla
    The PC must support TPM 2.0"

I clarify that in ALL cases after the installation and before running WU I applied the OfflineInsiderEnroll 2.6.3 and put in the Insiders Beta channel.

15. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    @Rickar, MediaCreation.bat only bypasses requirements for that media. It does not include the dynamic bypass, that's why it's provided separately.
    So for getting Beta / Dev make sure you run the dynamic bypass along with OfflineInsiderEnroll. It takes 2 seconds to check if installed or not, just make sure to run it again if it's saying REMOVED.

16. Rickar

Rickar MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2015
    Bingo!!!!!

Thank you AveYo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next 100 beers I'll toast to you, genius!!!!:cheers:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

17. UltimateGamingPower

UltimateGamingPower MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2022
    does MSDN & TechNet Care about The Bypasses? :)

18. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    No they don’t, they even shared their own bypass method

19. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    I kinda forced their hand by including it with the first version of the bypass (after finding it in setup files myself). Microsoft expected they can just use it for dealing with business.
    After bleepingcomputer made a post about the dynamic bypass script and highlighted the included reg key, microsoft had to rush a blog post about it.
    I expected the same thing when I've shared oobe\bypassnro, but this time microsoft held and waited for the online storm to pass.
    At least I've stopped the mouse & cat game every second dev build with various workarounds being patched. They don't dare patching enrolment bypass as it's already used in large business environments. So far..

20. NathanIT

NathanIT MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2021
    #280 NathanIT, Sep 4, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
    Many thanks